Better low end with type R

Symon_say
10+ year member

You can't get me
Hi

I have a 15" type R ported@32hz, i love how this sub sounds, but i have always like a the sound of a sealed box over a ported one, what can i do to make this sub sound as close to a sealed box as possible in a ported one. What tunning for the box should i try first??

PS: Box is 3.5cu.ft@32hz with aeros.

I just switched from sealed to ported on my 2 12 in type rs and honestly the SQ sounds the same its just alot louder now. I have the same box but mines is tuned to 35hz

Go with a slightly bigger box, maybe 4 cubes. That 3.5 box will give you a lot of output in a short range of frequencies, which is good for SPL. In my experience, the box size tends to be a big factor in frequency response.

Type Rs aren't suppose to have sq, get a different sub if u want better sq.
I'm not looking for better SQ just a little better low end. I had a SQ sub before this one, but the lack of output made change for this one the onle sub i could change this is for a Fi Q, but that'll be hard cause shipping for Dominican Republic will be about $200 more.

Go with a slightly bigger box, maybe 4 cubes. That 3.5 box will give you a lot of output in a short range of frequencies, which is good for SPL. In my experience, the box size tends to be a big factor in frequency response.
this.. i have a 15" ia li in a 3.25 cube ported box.. its loud with some frequencies but it doesnt hit lows very well.. i would have liked it to be 4 cubes but my trunk is too small

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.