Best way to wire this sub? (pics)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jc Lee

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a boat with a marine radio blackbox (sonic hub 2). In the manual it shows how to connect a subwoofer (bottom pic). the 2nd pictures shows the JL marine 4 channel amp i'm getting and planning to hook up. The system will be two 6.5 speakers and one sub. Theres a left and right RCA jack for subwoofer. Why do i need 2 channels for one sub? And also, i won't even be taking advantage of these 2 channels unless i bridge the channels at the amp which i'm not planning to do. Any recommendations or thoughts?

SUB.jpeg

Say you listening to headphones,you know how in some songs that have a bass sweep that goes to your left ear to the right ear? That's why there's a left and right. The amp takes both of those channels and makes it one. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.