Best way to run wires in 1996 Honda accord

when i had my accord... i ran power wire through the little hole in the firewall on the driver side you should see it.. and ran my RCA's/remote on the passenger side.

Enginebay-1.jpg

there should be an opening where the red circle is

nonononononono...

theres a big ass grommet down behind the fusebox on the passenger side of the car... i've got a run of 4 gauge and a run of 1/0 going through mine, no problem. Just use a coathanger and some KY Jelly to pull wire through it, and make sure to angle it downwards.

you'll be able to make your wire runs shorter and save a lil money as well as preventing the added resistance of extra wire.

There are two nice grounding bolts if you tilt the back seat down and move the felt covering out of the way you will see them a little tricky to get a socket wrench on but an open end wrench works fine. Unscrew it the rest of the way by hand and don't drop it or you will be taking the seat bottom out.

Make sure to sandpaper the paint off under them prior to mounting your ground wire.

I ran my rca's under the center console, then under the back seat to the passenger side, then up into the trunk. Power wires are run through the existing hole in the firewall and along the driver's side with the stock wiring. I don't get any engine whine or interference.

There are two nice grounding bolts if you tilt the back seat down and move the felt covering out of the way you will see them a little tricky to get a socket wrench on but an open end wrench works fine. Unscrew it the rest of the way by hand and don't drop it or you will be taking the seat bottom out.
Make sure to sandpaper the paint off under them prior to mounting your ground wire.
I don't have an accord of the year you're asking about, but I do have bolts behind each backseat in my car and they work perfectly. I didn't even have to sand down the metal beneath each bolt but I probably will once I change my current setup again.

Also I've run RCAs alongside power cables and have not gotten any interference at all, too.

i have an 01 accord, with 1/0awg power down the drivers side, RCA's down the passenger side, theres a grummet in my fire wall thats plenty big at the top right in the engine bay, i dont know how much accords have changed since yours though. And i was lucky enough to have a huge beam right behind my back seats when they fold down thats perfect for grounding, just dont forget to sand it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.