Big FOUR thread?

fwb_1234
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Sorry to make a Big 3 thread with the sticky, but this question hasn't been answered.

Big three is:

1. alt-power

2. grnd-neg

3. engine-gnd

And the alt is grounded to the engine. Wouldn't it make sense to increase the wire of that final connection also (alt-engine)?

If not, why is that not a bottleneck?

Thanks guys.

When doing the big 3 fix, do I leave the older wires in place. I know that they do important stuff, like run to the starter, for example, which means that if I took it out, I would have to make that connection.

From what I've read, I have never seen anyone replace the older stuff.

This brings up another question. How do I attach the older wires once I replace the terminal piece on the battery?

When doing the big3, you ADD the listed wires.

If you replace the terminal, get some crimp on ring terminals... or a set screw type to reconnect your factory wires.

nG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.