Best way to hook up cmpts to pg 300.4

Participant count
  • Participant list
well lets do this the easy way, its 2 sets of comps ( 4 pos neg sets) and a 4 channel amp, it doesnt take a genius figure it out, the simple way would be to put one to each channel.

and if you trying to run 4 sets in one car then only use 1 amp and wire each set to 2 ohms and put a set on each channel.

no there is not, the amp you have is 2 ohm stable it will handle that load just fine, it puts out 68 rms at 2 ohm so as long as your speakers can handle that youll be fine.

you know how to wire them at 2 ohms correct, not trying to insult just want to check so it gets done right

no actually i dont (no worries i dont take it personal haha).. i know all the basics and then some but the whole ohms law and working with ohms and pros and cons to it i dont understand... Different than running one component off one channel (+ to + and - to -)and so on?

to wire the comp sets at 2 ohms, you would have to wire the speakers to the crossovers as normal, then take the wires going into the input on the crossovers and wire the positive and neg of each set together, each set will then be on 1 channel of the amp, the only down side to this is that you will have 8 crossovers that you have to use, you could also wire each set of speakers to a single crossover, which would cut down the number of crossovers but it would put you at 4 ohms for each channel, which would lower the power a little,

where are the speakers giong and in what vehicle?

im runnin 4 sets of highs (2 sets of 6.5'' components, one set of 5.25'' compnents and one set of 6.5'' coax for kick panels) all arc. four to a PG ryval 1000.4 and four to a PG 300.4 and replacing all my speaker wire with 14 gauge and my 4gauge power and ground with 1/0 and JL 4 channel rca's on both . . .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.