Best tweeters for under $75 each

Those won't fit my a-pillars //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

i have a pair of those i never to install...
I hear they need to be on axis and crossed over above 3k, though.
on axis is a MUST, and when they are they're quite impressive.

To the OP: what's the big deal with removing the A pillars?

have you done any reading on DIYMA as there's a TON of info over there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i really think you should look into the ones i posted before.. i know they seem cheap and the brand name is meh... but i just hooked them up today and they sound great honestly...

also what mids are you pairing them with? How low do you need to cross them?
I'm actually picking the tweeter first, but I was considering

Peerless Exclusive 7" woofer 8ohm

Morel MW166-4 ohm 6" Damped Polymer Composite Cone

Madisound 6102-4 6" Polypropylene Cone Woofer 4ohm

Vifa PL18WO09-04 PREMIUM LINE 7" Woofer 4ohm

SEAS Prestige P18RNX/P (H1350) 7" Poly Cone Woofer 8ohm

Mach5Audio MLI-65 4ohm

I'd like to cross over around 3 - 3.5k active

i'm running the exlusive 7"s and highly recommend them.

they have great midrange detail, and have nice midbass (but i'm only using them for midrange duty)

i like my setup =]

very happy with it actually

and i didnt notice before, but to the OP, throw the tweeters in the kicks.... A-Pillar is meh

i like my setup =]very happy with it actually
I'll research the blapunkts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif , but I like that mishmash site, so

I'm more likely to pick a tweet off of that list.

like i said, dont judge these tweeters by the brand name lol... i cant stress that enough

also like i just said before, id idnt know you wanted a pillar... i dont think those would work with the mounts they come with.. the smaller flush mounts you might see in some pics, didnt come with em.. (disappointed me) but unless you find another way... the other mounting brackets they come with are just too big

like i said, dont judge these tweeters by the brand name lol... i cant stress that enough
also like i just said before, id idnt know you wanted a pillar... i dont think those would work with the mounts they come with.. the smaller flush mounts you might see in some pics, didnt come with em.. (disappointed me) but unless you find another way... the other mounting brackets they come with are just too big
those tweets are nice, but his budget allows for better.

How badly off-axis are my stock a-pillar tweeter locations?

And how bad would you say the distance from the woofer/mid is?

Would I just correct for anomalies with amp gain and eq/x-over point adjustments?

dsc8256mediumdx7.jpg

dsc8258mediumkk0.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.