Non destructive tweeter install ideas?

Participant count
  • Participant list

shovel99

Hi Guys,

I am replacing a factory 6.5 woofer and door mounted tweeter with a woofer and an add on tweeter... the LPG 26 NA new aluminum 1" tweeter on/in the doors of my 2007 Highlander Toyota. These tweets are larger than the factory units in the doors and would require cutting to install, no biggie, except I will want to keep the speakers and reinstall the factory stuff when I sell the car. I have tilt mount, surface mount and flush mount plastic for the speakers and am wondering does someone have a clever idea how to do that without leaving an ugly drilled screw hole in the inside door panel?

Worst case there is a single screw hole and near the edge of the vinyl on the panel, wind the wire around the edge, probably down low where it won't be noticed too badly, at the expense of ear level brightness. I can use vinyl patch to cover the hole when I sell. Other brilliant ideas?

Thanks, Shovel 99

Paul

I said the same thing. "I don't wanna mess anything up for when I sell it."

But if I do sell it, it won't even be worth it to replace everything. Just think of the work you've done, and then multiply it by two. Because it's twice as hard to put something back together as it is to rip it apart.

Why didn't I think of that? $200 worth of labor to recover $100 worth of speakers!

Yikes, Thanks! Duhhh.. I just bought the car... it has 25k miles on it... lets make it perfect and drive it for 200k miles!

And surface mounting with a drilled hole is still a walk in the park with vinyl repair.

And I used to accuse my real estate partners of spending $2000 worth of time on a $100 decision!!!!

Thanks for the reality check! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif:)

Paul

I rip out my old stuff, its not that hard once you know how everything is goes together, plus if you trade the car in, the factory stereo adds more value to the vehicle than an aftermarket one. Unless maybe, its a really old car.

I'll bet some 3M double sided tape would hold the tweeters fine, maybe even better than a screw.

Ahhhhhh...... Great suggestion! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

At the very least, double sided tape to experiment with locations for sound dispersal, if not permanent.

I knew you were out there with this idea.

Thanks.

We are just all standing on the shoulders of everyone else out there.

Paul

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.