best subwoofer

AT@T tech
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
conway,ar
Hey you guys,I have been out of loud systems for a while,but now am getting back into it. I don't know how well subs sound now. I am looking for two 12's. I have a older blue thunder pro 3002. What do you guys suggest for subs to match with this amp? I need either 8 ohms subs or dual 4 ohm. They will be going in the back of a 2005 nissan frontier extended cab. I listen to more rock,metal,country.thanks for any info.

i hate to sound like an ass, but search...

this is a retarded question, there is no "best" subwoofer. that question can be answered, but it is all oppinion, based on absolutely no fact.

give us some more information, and maybe we can offer some suggestions. budget? enclosure type and size, goals for the system (high fidelity, SPL, decent sound at decent volume, sound loud and alright... etc etc)...

try searching as well, you can find alot of information on your own. and i will tell you right now, alot of the people on here will just tell you to find these answers on your own, so go ahead and familiarize yourself with the search function.

Best sub?

The Aura MR18.4 sure isn't a bad place to start //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

sorry maybe a sealed box. I like jl audio,just not the price. How is the kicker stuff now? alot of people around here run memphis and diamond audio. I am just trying to get the best subs to match to this amp for the price and not get ripped off.thanks

diaond is a good cmpany to look at, but if u dont like JL prices, u wont like there authorized prices either. Posibly look into Fi Car Audio, Sound Splinter, TC Sounds, or Resonant Engineering (prices hiked recently though from new ownership).

All these companies are very good places to start.

there new lines arent out yet.....and thats what i would buy. then again they have 187's and they are **** good subs for the cash.

Dont forget Adire and Stereo Integrity as well.

i hate to say it, but alpine makes quality subs for a great price too... Type R's are cheap, Type S's and E's are decent drivers if you don't want to spend a lot...

kicker subs are still quality speakers...

do you have a preferred budget?

probably up to $300 for both subs. Is the stuff on ebay any good or is it mostly junk,because it looks like i could get some subs alot cheaper than around here?

im curious are you really an AT&t tech? cause im a little peeved with cingular not honering my ATT contract after december //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

on topic: Get some Fi's

cingular is both owned by AT@T and Bell south. That is a different division of the company. I am a land line tech. Anyway has anyone heard anything positive about Fusion or interfire?thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.