Participant count
  • Participant list

sizzl3r
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Minnesota
Sup /enclosure design

My friend is going to be helping me make a box identical to this one:

Ford Ranger Extended Cab 12" Ported Down Fire Grey Subwoofer Sub Enclosure Box | eBay

I don't know too much about airspace, because all of the setups I've had already had boxes/subs, so I never worried about it. I have an MTX 600D (300 rms @ 4ohms, 600 rms @ 2 ohms) that I want to power 2 12'' woofers. What would be some good options that would work with this setup?

I would want them to be either 4ohm svc or 2ohm dvc so I could get most out of this amp.

Price range: Let's try to keep it $200 or below.

Thanks ;D

Don't make a box like that one, that one isn't really that good.

Get a good design from one of the box builders here instead, you'll have much better results

And is it $200 per sub, or $200 for both?

after you build it with 3/4 mdf it will be smaller internally ,also the port is too small .might have enough air space for 2 10's if you follow that box and open the port up a bit.i wouldn't use that design ,talk to some of the builders here you'll get a better box and better output from the box.i would also do subs up and port up if you want loud .look at the american bass xfl subs too.

I guess it's pretty consensual that I shouldn't follow this design. I've never gotten box design help here before, how do I go about doing that?

And is it $200 per sub, or $200 for both?
I'd like to shoot for $200 total.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.