Best SQL Woofers?

hey that

IA Flatlyne would be great sealed sub if u gotta stay at 1cf u will have to do a 10.. couple guys have sealed subs with boxes 50% larger than recommended so sub plays lower and needs less power.. small box =small bass..

there are about 10-20 guys that post on here as if they have nothing else to do with their lives. they like to belittle others to feed their own egos. they don't understand that not everyone has a vast knowledge of car audio, but they also think they know everything there is to know, when in fact, they probably know a lot less than they think they do....

having said that...

if you are set on using a sealed 1 cubic foot enclosure, i would use the dayton ho 12, it is rated at 700 rms but if you set your gains appropriately, you will be fine, there are not many 12" subwoofers that can operate well with only 1 cubic foot, and after displacement of the driver you are really probably looking at .85 cubic feet.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rss315ho-44-12-reference-ho-dvc-subwoofer--295-467

this would be my personal recommendation for the power that you have at 2 ohms, and sealed enclosure size.

The HO in .85 yields F3 close to 50hz. That’s why everybody thinks sealed can’t play low.
If you are still in Mobile come on out to one of our events in Pensacola
mine shows a f3 of 44.2, but these are without in car response graphs...

what events in pensacola?

It’s in mobile also. It’s called bass wars. It we are trying to add SQ events. Need more to show a need for them.
never heard of it...

i am in the process of replacing the speakers in my camry, one of my mids is toast, going to install some new components and run them active off the deh-80prs. not wanting to spend the money on a dsp yet, but i'm sure i will at some point.

next is my s2000 install later this year...

Really appreciate all the love for the SSA F8L and SSA Icon. Both are great options, but if they are not the desired cone size, yes, I do suggest the IA LI or IA FL.

If space is an issue (small trunk) then why isn't anyone suggesting shallow subs or 8" subs?? They, the subs, don't have to be typical do they? One of the better sounding vehicles I ever heard was a full size pickup with an extended cab and under the back seat in a sealed enclosure were 4 8" Orion subs... sounded fantastic. What is the vehicle the OP is putting the subs in by the way?

Edit: I see an 8" has been suggested... my bad.

Really appreciate all the love for the SSA F8L and SSA Icon. Both are great options, but if they are not the desired cone size, yes, I do suggest the IA LI or IA FL.
Someone mentioned earlier that if I'm even thinking about putting an Icon in a sealed enclosure, then I'm essentially clueless. Your website states otherwise, and I'd like to know if you agree with this rather bold statement.

Someone mentioned earlier that if I'm even thinking about putting an Icon in a sealed enclosure, then I'm essentially clueless. Your website states otherwise, and I'd like to know if you agree with this rather bold statement.
It's not a bold statement at all. It's a 40lb+ driver that excels in a ported enclosure (there's a reason reason why 95% of owners run it ported).
If you already had the Icon in your possession or if someone was giving it to you then there would be no problem going sealed.

The point where trying to make is since your buying from scratch you can just purchase a sub more suited for YOUR scenario (basically don't waste a good sub running it in a low powered sealed setup, it will work but isn't the ideal scenario for it). Instead buy a subwoofer that excels in your situation, especially since it will most likely save you money

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.