best SQ 10in sub???

That's so vague nobody can help you without pointing you in the direction of "this one costs more and is a better brands so it's more SQ"

SQ in bass is almost a misnomer.. how deadened is your car? If you have any audible rattles on tones that right there is more distortion than a change of sub can cover up. SQ is mostly about frequency response as we aren't sensative to bass distortion. What does the JL NOT do that you need it to. Play lower louder? Higher louder? Once you can say what kind of curve your not getting maybe we can point you in a direction that will.

If yous have an active setup turn off your other speakers Nd play some songs with just a sub playing youll wuicky see why all these thousand dollar sq subs are a colossal waste of money.bass is abouy frequency reaponse level mayching and phase.. no more no less in a real sq app in. a car. Distortion is just too hard to hear and with gain any sub can play at true SQ levels with little to no distortion anyways

That's so vague nobody can help you without pointing you in the direction of "this one costs more and is a better brands so it's more SQ"
SQ in bass is almost a misnomer.. how deadened is your car? If you have any audible rattles on tones that right there is more distortion than a change of sub can cover up. SQ is mostly about frequency response as we aren't sensative to bass distortion. What does the JL NOT do that you need it to. Play lower louder? Higher louder? Once you can say what kind of curve your not getting maybe we can point you in a direction that will.

If yous have an active setup turn off your other speakers Nd play some songs with just a sub playing youll wuicky see why all these thousand dollar sq subs are a colossal waste of money.bass is abouy frequency reaponse level mayching and phase.. no more no less in a real sq app in. a car. Distortion is just too hard to hear and with gain any sub can play at true SQ levels with little to no distortion anyways
car is fully deadened, i myself am not a sq guy (to a extent) this sub would be for my dad (charlie195) he has had the w6 for some time and wants a new quality sq sub, not to pound too much but to hit all the wide range of freq. that his techno music has... clean crisp fast bass, nothing sloppy, his deck is a prs80, 520prs comps, passive, amp stage is ab hybrid 150.4 and ab hybrid 1880, i was looking at a gcon for him but really don't know much about sq subs... or a sealed box .75 lol, but i know there has got to be better subs out there than the w6 and cheaper... there is nothing wrong with the jl or the way it plays he just wants a new setup and with out paying jl prices but also without sacrificying any sound quality... kinda explained it the best i could!!lol

Diamond Audio SX black series. If you've ever heard a Diamond D6 sub this is virtually the same thing. The Hex Pro 12" is still available but they don't make that in a 10". He should be open to changing the box, too.

Nothing screams "I don't want to take the time to design a proper enclosure and environment for my sub(s)" than the claim that sealed boxes sound better than other alignments.

If he's hell bent imprisoning a sub in a sealed box, just stick anything you can find in there and tell him it's a high SQ sub... he won't know the difference. ;-)

Nothing screams "I don't want to take the time to design a proper enclosure and environment for my sub(s)" than the claim that sealed boxes sound better than other alignments.
If he's hell bent imprisoning a sub in a sealed box, just stick anything you can find in there and tell him it's a high SQ sub... he won't know the difference. ;-)
he likes the space that the small sealed box gives him.... he dosen't like hard bass, just pronounced... he's old!!! lol he wants it to sound like a concert...

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

he likes the space that the small sealed box gives him.... he dosen't like hard bass, just pronounced... he's old!!! lol he wants it to sound like a concert...

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

he likes the space that the small sealed box gives him.... he dosen't like hard bass, just pronounced... he's old!!! lol he wants it to sound like a concert... he currently has a custom sealed box...

I have a "10 Dayton HO Dual 4 that sounds pretty nice in a .6-7CF sealed box. Very flat response, hits the lows well, especially for a 10. Powering it with a PPI Ion 650.1.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.