Does anyone have specs on some 1999-2000 model american bass VFL-1222 subwoofers?

Participant count
  • Participant list
ive got three of the american bass VFL subwoofers, the model i believe is 1222 (12 inch with dual 2 ohm coils) i bought 7 of them brand new in either 1999 or 2000, supposedly they were first production runs of the VFL subwoofers i sold three of them, blew one at some point, and still have three that are perfectly functional subwoofers. im planning on putting atleast two in my 2004 G35 sedan, but i dont have a clue what the recommended airspace for a sealed or a ported box.

over the years ive tried many different setups, but nothing has really sounded great, a sealed 1CF box seems to net the best quality of bass, but a slot ported 2CF per sub box has netted me the most SPL.

any help would be great

matthew

Yep, that's a good old TC7 from when TC Sounds was their OEM. A bit smaller motor than the TC9, has a higher Qts specifically suited for sealed enclosures.

thanks for the response, ive ran it in three boxes myself, a dual twelve configuration slot ported box with 1.5 CF per subwoofer and a basic slot port (was a premade box) and they hit really low and moved ALOT of air, but lacked any decent quality, then i made a 3.5 CF sealed box for the rear deck of a nissan maxima (mounted IN the Deck) only used two of the twelves, so 1.75 CF each, this really made the subs move some air, but still no quality to the sound. the best quality ive had from them was using three of them in the trunk of a ford contour SVT, at 1 CF per subwoofer.

thanks for the knowledge

matthew

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.