best spl 12

With that power, the Type R's would be very hard to beat. I've tested them against some other "good spl subs" and the Alpines kept up or beat them in every case. I wouldn't have believed it till I tried it myself...you will need to tune a lot higher than 32hz for spl though.

It depends on what sub man I would get the AQ subs and the orion AMP... Orion 2500d are pretty nice and look smooth. The type R's wont sound good at all tuned anything past 34hz. If you got the AQ's (hdc3's) and tune them to 40hz in about 4.5 CF of of that Orion you could put up some decent numbers 1000 watts IS NOT to little power, you just have to build the enclosure accordingly. The AQ's will handle way more power, you could put an Orion 2500 to each of them later on if you wanted.

It depends on what sub man I would get the AQ subs and the orion AMP... Orion 2500d are pretty nice and look smooth. The type R's wont sound good at all tuned anything past 34hz. If you got the AQ's (hdc3's) and tune them to 40hz in about 4.5 CF of of that Orion you could put up some decent numbers 1000 watts IS NOT to little power, you just have to build the enclosure accordingly. The AQ's will handle way more power, you could put an Orion 2500 to each of them later on if you wanted.

thanks most help so far

Type r's won't sound good at all tuned past 34hz? They aren't an sq sub, but they won't sound bad. Don't listen to that guy up there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.