best speakers for ford lightning

fatwake2000
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i have a 2002 ford lightning that is getting a full custom subwoofer install done on the thurs. it is going be running two 10 inch eclipse sub with a 500/1 to each i am also have a 300/4 connected to the stock speaker but i will be needing to replace them soon. i want to know what is the best speakers to put into the doors up front and in the rear. they need to keep up with the bass and will be running to the 300/4 so they will plenty of power. i like jl eclipse but have heard lots of people like the cdt and focal also. give me some feed back

also think of doing some kick pods but dont know if this is worth it

thanks

imo any speakers (nice quality ones) with 60 or more watts should be able to keep up with your system without being drowned out. as far as advice on which speakers, the only thing im gonna say is dont get the cl-61's from cdt. i dont like them.

right it has 5x7 up front and 6x8 in the back now there is no mount for the tweeter but i can install then in the door i have a good shop hear that can do it for me for cheap. as far as price i like to keep it under 350 but im open options the number one thing i was is clear loud sounding music i like to alway have the windows down being in florida. thanks for any help or if one has a good deal on some.

get comps and destroy your interior (just drill holes haha) for the tweets it'll be well worth it. deciding on what set i guess you'd have to know what you dont like and what you do like in terms of sound

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.