best sound possible with this bogus deck!!!

chevyboy23

k so im in need of help..piecing together a beater system..and the deck i was given is a pioneer but it only has 1 rca output...(lame)..what can i do to run a 4ch amp and a class d..dont know if a crossover or a line driver(not quite sure what that is 100%..if someone could explain that..) would help..i know that some of these come with bass knobs..or if i can get some kind of rca split-er of sorts..but i would like to install this weekend and could use any helpful knowledge of this subject..thanks ahead of time..

You need to get a Crossover(3)ch that will open up lots of options for you.Gives you the options that you are inquiring about,as to running a 4 ch, ect.You can run class d, a/b,ect amps that youd like,just depending on your electrical supply and demand.I recommend a Single din size X-over that can be placed in the dash and can be adjusted on demand/at your finger tips.Depending on how old that Head unit is, you may not have an Aux, or USB that gives you several other updated options for music listening.Some X-overs have an Aux input on the face that is an option for you.I believe Earthquake makes one, Ill have to check to confirm that. But,that X-over will open all the possibilities you are needing/asking of in order to add and expand your system.One set of RCAs in the early 90s was King and adding Xovers to expand,and can still be done today.

k so im in need of help..piecing together a beater system..and the deck i was given is a pioneer but it only has 1 rca output...(lame)..what can i do to run a 4ch amp and a class d..dont know if a crossover or a line driver(not quite sure what that is 100%..if someone could explain that..) would help..i know that some of these come with bass knobs..or if i can get some kind of rca split-er of sorts..but i would like to install this weekend and could use any helpful knowledge of this subject..thanks ahead of time..
clarion EQS746 Plug the single RCA input you have into the "main in" part of the EQ you will get front out, rear out, sub out, now you have 6 pairs of RCAs to play with along with some sound adjustments and a bass knob. Limited but still useful subwoofer crossovers too.

Amazon.com : Clarion EQS746 1/2 DIN Graphic Equalizer with Built-in Crossover : Vehicle Equalizers : Car Electronics

eqs746.jpg

If you're a cheapskate like myself -- you can do this w/o any additional components (crossover/eq) with no loss of sound quality.

You'll just need a pair of y-cables or two.

Y-cables don't degrade signal strength or sound quality, as some may lead you to believe.

We needed x/o's years ago because not many of the amps sold back then had on-board crossovers.

The x/o would add some independent volume control - which is a plus, but not at all a necessity.

It's possible you could work it out even w/o y-cables depending on the amps you choose.

Some have rca outputs, and some 4 ch's can work w/just 2 ch inputs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.