Best setup for ~$400

Hmmm, kinda hard. The subs are $220 and box is $125. I'm left with around $75...

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Thanks for your response though!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

if not in any hurry, wait for the next sundown audio yardsale. you can check it out at caraudioclassifieds.org its been a month now, but no idea how frequent they are.. $99 for an sa-12. looks like only 1 sa-12 @ 4ohm left . you prolly want a dvc 2 ohm if you wanna make power easy with only 1 sub

That said, there is a chance the subwoofer could have a defect.. just read the disclaimer prior to order. ive heard nothing but great things from the yardsale.. i got my 2 sa-12s from there, and they are perfect?? cant find a thing wrong other than the cone was glued down a half screw hole off center from the basket hole.. read around, youll find reviews, mostly good.

That Pioneer amp is complete junk. Mine as well get it and pair it up with some funky pups. And its said quite frequently sa 12's can take double recommended rms power !

buy used? youll put together the best system for cheapest... its better to buy older quality than newer junk...

if you insist on buying new how much room do you have? cone builds are great on budget... i did a 4 12s 2k budget build for 450...

Oftentimes I see Sundown pop up on CL....you may wanna scope them out too. Someone local to me wants 300 for a pair.

That said, that SA12 and a good quality amp better than mainstream should makes things pound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.