best place to mount bass knob?

If you set your gains with the knob in and at full you shouldn't have to worry what it adjusts
If you want to use it, go ahead. For the sake of anyone asking about using a bass knob, I suggest avoid bass boost knobs. Gain knobs are ok, IMO. Still need common sense though.

anyone else ever notice how many people cook there gear by using these incorrectly? cracks me up
lol yep. I have my amp gain about 90%. LC-1 is the best friend of a sub amp. Middle sits nicely. Some lower songs I turn it up. Higher DB songs I turn it down a bit. If you set gains with knob at full, that's the most you will ever get. You don't need a DMM or clipping tool to listen and hear when the sub is being over powered or when more volume doesn't make it louder.

My experience is with JL amps (I just happen to have a hook up on them) and while setting with knob plugged in you HAVE to turn the knob up to get any readings off the DMM. So, having said that. Should the gain settings be set at half bass knob or what? I don't know that's why I'm asking.
Are the JL amps using a bass boost or amp gain with the knob? I would ditch the knob if it's a boost knob. Pac lc-1 is $12 shipped on ebay. Well worth it. I have 2. Love them. Good for mids too.

anyone else ever notice how many people cook there gear by using these incorrectly? cracks me up
Bro, every post you make is bashing bass knobs. That's all good, I really do not care what so ever how you may judge me by using one myself which I think is very practical in my situation. I only want to know how to properly set my gains with the bass knob installed. Bash all you want Oz man, idgaf.

I always thought this depends on your car, but here's where mine is (it used to be a bass knob, now it's a master volume for my tablet)

30u7nug.jpg

Bro, every post you make is bashing bass knobs. That's all good, I really do not care what so ever how you may judge me by using one myself which I think is very practical in my situation. I only want to know how to properly set my gains with the bass knob installed. Bash all you want Oz man, idgaf.
each to there own, I just don't like them.... whats your dash look like? centre console? underseat? glovebox? dash?

each to there own, I just don't like them.... whats your dash look like? centre console? underseat? glovebox? dash?
Hey sorry for my earlier post being harsh, I was drinking last night and, well... I think that with JL, the knobs are for gain control, they have to be considering using a DMM while setting gains you get no reading at 0 and full reading at full bass knob. It's not a bass boost, on JL amps that's a separate function altogether. Sorry again friend, I respect all your post and learn from you as well. Have a good day friend.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.