best place to mount bass knob?

Theres nothing wrong with using them and they can be very useful if you don't like the control over sub bass with your deck. If your listening to rap, you may prefer to go full tilt all the time but sometimes passengers cant handle the bass, also i find it good to be able to slam down output real fast if i eye the fuzz to avoid getting pulled over

It's just much easier for me to have the bass knob, especially when I have family in the car or have to store something in the trunk and don't want my sub pounding on it.

Yeah, I use the "knob" but it's off a JL amp so it works correctly. Set my gains as well with the knob full tilt and think it works well for my given circumstance with a low power system. Mounted it in one of my multiple accessory switch sections of the middle console in a New Pathfinder. Looks factory and I upgraded to the ($10 more) brushed aluminum knob, I like it.

I also have my wife and daughter in my truck and it's just easier to turn a knob than go into the settings section of my Kenwood HU. I like it for now, I can see doing away with it if I go with a higher power sub stage but for now it's great.

It's really up to you.

I made a panel for my lc-1

BTW I would avoid any knobs that adjust bass boost. Only use ones that change the gain or use RCA levelers like the lc-1

GsHUk3J.jpg

It's really up to you.

BTW I would avoid any knobs that adjust bass boost. Only use ones that change the gain or use RCA levelers like the lc-1

GsHUk3J.jpg
Explain that for me, I think I follow but not sure. Trying to learn man, thanks in advance.

It's really up to you.

GsHUk3J.jpg
If you set your gains with the knob in and at full you shouldn't have to worry what it adjusts

Bass boost is bad. some amps only have a knob for the bass boost.
My experience is with JL amps (I just happen to have a hook up on them) and while setting with knob plugged in you HAVE to turn the knob up to get any readings off the DMM. So, having said that. Should the gain settings be set at half bass knob or what? I don't know that's why I'm asking.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.