Best input signal for srock h/u

Participant count
  • Participant list
Why are you using an LC2i with a 4 channel and mono amp? What speakers are you using to sum the LC2i? Should have went with the LC7i.
What's wrong with a lci2 with a 4chand mono? There's a main output which I use for the 4 ch and there's a bass output I use for the mono. The 4ch is only powering 4 6x9s in the door. I went with a 4 ch over a 2 just in case I wanted to do something once I move everything over to a new car. I'm trading this car in in less than a year... I installed everything to fill a void and for the experience.

no replacement for a strong dedicated signal when it comes to spl bass though. Local Alphard team guy name Volodymir went from audison bit one and both stock head unit then onto aux to rca y splitter straight from his phone, (best he ever did with countless hours of testing was a 160.2) to just an 80 prs and did a 162.1 and the bass sounds better than it ever had. Nothing else other than dropping the dsp and just doing a head unit swap and gained 2 db. He couldnt get that extra 2 db even if he clipped hard with his old signal setup. This one still had some in the tank left from the little amount of time he had to tune the 80 prs.
I can see that being the case. My radio goes up to 38 so I decided that 28 should be a good level. Honestly I don't have an ear for distortion or tuning. I. Then set the lci2 to about 2/3 and used the clipping light to set the m3a...again I'm not a tuner and I'm know I'm doing something wrong. But the bass don't sound anywhere near 3k. At least not when following the clipping light.

What's wrong with a lci2 with a 4chand mono? There's a main output which I use for the 4 ch and there's a bass output I use for the mono. The 4ch is only powering 4 6x9s in the door. I went with a 4 ch over a 2 just in case I wanted to do something once I move everything over to a new car. I'm trading this car in in less than a year... I installed everything to fill a void and for the experience.
how are you getting signal to that soundstream 4 channel then? the stock head unit actually has RCA outputs?

I can see that being the case. My radio goes up to 38 so I decided that 28 should be a good level. Honestly I don't have an ear for distortion or tuning. I. Then set the lci2 to about 2/3 and used the clipping light to set the m3a...again I'm not a tuner and I'm know I'm doing something wrong. But the bass don't sound anywhere near 3k. At least not when following the clipping light.
bad signal can do that. Another dude using audiocontrol lc2i sounded like he gained 15 whole db when i convinced him to swap out his stock head unit and do a proper head unit. Given that before the swap it didnt even sound like it hit 130db.

bad signal can do that. Another dude using audiocontrol lc2i sounded like he gained 15 whole db when i convinced him to swap out his stock head unit and do a proper head unit. Given that before the swap it didnt even sound like it hit 130db.
Ok well I'm just going to have to live with for now. Once I trade this car in for something I'll actually keep then I change out the h/u. But man when I crank this thing to the max it does put a smile on my face for a single 12. I'll try to get some pics of my setup tomorrow

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.