Best input signal for srock h/u

Participant count
  • Participant list

sharkman

poor bass head
I have a 2016 dodge sxt. I installed a dd 9512 with a m3a amp. 4 re audio 6x9 for the doors powered by a soundstream tn4.900.I'm also using a audiocontrol lci2 to run off stock h/u. Im playing soundcloud and spotify from my phone via bluetooth but I'm able to turn the volume up using my phone. But it clearly clips. What should I try to keep the clipping to a min.

How/are the gains set on the amps?
I set the gains by ear. I'm not a good tuner. The h/u goes 38 so I figured 28 would be a good max. Sounds like it. The m3a gain is half, set to 120 and subsonic is 35. The 4 ch. Is a lil over half. I had the ran on full and front on high. I just changed both to high to see how it sound. The lci2 bass is lil over half and the main is 3/4...I'm testing the sound right now

[quote name='sharkman']I'm not sure what to really do with the 4ch now. Should it be set to high or full.[/QUOTE]

That I'm not too sure about. I think if you had coax speakers, it would be the full range selection....but I could be wrong. I'm sorta in the same boat...I'm not getting much midbass at all....pretty sure I need to readjust my x-over settings on my amp. This is where an expert is needed @Jeffdachef.

As long as we're talking comps/spkrs/amps, wonder Jeff, since I have comps what better setting on the amp would be for them?

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']That I'm not too sure about. I think if you had coax speakers, it would be the full range selection....but I could be wrong. I'm sorta in the same boat...I'm not getting much midbass at all....pretty sure I need to readjust my x-over settings on my amp. This is where an expert is needed @Jeffdachef.

As long as we're talking comps/spkrs/amps, wonder Jeff, since I have comps what better setting on the amp would be for them?[/QUOTE]

Well. I do believe the lci2 is allowing me to use the stock h/u and getting the most out of it. From what I've seen it does boost the stock signal and stays clean for the most part. But I don't really hear the distortion thar well.

I changed my 4 ch. To high and I was able to turn the gains up. At full setting I don't see where make adjustments to reduce some of the bass. When trying to get the speakers to play over the sub it would clip. So when I moved it to high I was able to get it louder... only problem is there is no midst which I'm ok with

Well. I do believe the lci2 is allowing me to use the stock h/u and getting the most out of it. From what I've seen it does boost the stock signal and stays clean for the most part. But I don't really hear the distortion thar well.
I changed my 4 ch. To high and I was able to turn the gains up. At full setting I don't see where make adjustments to reduce some of the bass. When trying to get the speakers to play over the sub it would clip. So when I moved it to high I was able to get it louder... only problem is there is no midst which I'm ok with
I cannot go beyond this point as I have no exp with a line driver. Jeff does and even he hates them, even when other people use them.

lc2i and stock head unit = bad time. No one on this forum learns after countless threads of issues.
Oh crap. This is the first I've heard about this. I was under the impression that the lc2i was a option for loc. What will be my biggest issue using this thing.?? I think where I have it now it's ok. But I don't believe I'm getting the full potential out of the m3a. It sounds good even with me not have any mid bass. When I pull this system out and place in another car in a year I will get a better unit to avoid the lc2i

Oh crap. This is the first I've heard about this. I was under the impression that the lc2i was a option for loc. What will be my biggest issue using this thing.?? I think where I have it now it's ok. But I don't believe I'm getting the full potential out of the m3a. It sounds good even with me not have any mid bass. When I pull this system out and place in another car in a year I will get a better unit to avoid the lc2i
All the LC2i does is try to boost the signal thats already there, it doesnt do anything else. However all stock head units have a built in high pass filter to prevent door speakers from getting destroyed so how can you boost a signal thats already been cut off? You cant. you are just causing massive distortion thats why audiocontrol LOCs or any other cheap LOCs are garbage.

All the LC2i does is try to boost the signal thats already there, it doesnt do anything else. However all stock head units have a built in high pass filter to prevent door speakers from getting destroyed so how can you boost a signal thats already been cut off? You cant. you are just causing massive distortion thats why audiocontrol LOCs or any other cheap LOCs are garbage.

It's the same thing my MS-8, Audison Bits, JL FiX, anything with input EQ. It works if used within limits.

It's the same thing my MS-8, Audison Bits, JL FiX, anything with input EQ. It works if used within limits.
no replacement for a strong dedicated signal when it comes to spl bass though. Local Alphard team guy name Volodymir went from audison bit one and both stock head unit then onto aux to rca y splitter straight from his phone, (best he ever did with countless hours of testing was a 160.2) to just an 80 prs and did a 162.1 and the bass sounds better than it ever had. Nothing else other than dropping the dsp and just doing a head unit swap and gained 2 db. He couldnt get that extra 2 db even if he clipped hard with his old signal setup. This one still had some in the tank left from the little amount of time he had to tune the 80 prs.

SQ is whatever output doesnt matter as much. But for SPL, strong dedicated bass signal from a proper sub out is everything. Its two different worlds and you cant say use it within its means, that means you just gave up a ton of output which is not plausible for bassheads.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.