Not enough receiver power?

Tynan

I have a Panasonic CQ-RX100U receiver (50x4 watts). I just bought 2 Dual 6 1/2 4 way DLS654 speakers (160 watts each) and 2 Dual 6x9 4 way DLS694 speakers. I use my aux and mobile phone to play music. My problem is the static when my phone volume is all the way up and my receiver volume is all the way up. The speakers are brand new, so I know it isn't the speakers. Is it because my receiver doesn't put out enough power to play audio to it's full potential? Should I buy another receiver or buy an amp?

I have a Panasonic CQ-RX100U receiver (50x4 watts). I just bought 2 Dual 6 1/2 4 way DLS654 speakers (160 watts each) and 2 Dual 6x9 4 way DLS694 speakers. I use my aux and mobile phone to play music. My problem is the static when my phone volume is all the way up and my receiver volume is all the way up. The speakers are brand new, so I know it isn't the speakers. Is it because my receiver doesn't put out enough power to play audio to it's full potential? Should I buy another receiver or buy an amp?
youre at max volume on both devices? literally max?

that head unit is at best 10-12 real watts per speaker.

Sony mex100bt is what you want if you dont want to add an amplifier.

Sounds like you're trying to get BASS from those Duals... maybe you are looking for too much... are the bass notes playing thru your speakers?

What about this deck?
jvc kd-r520
i dont see that as much of an improvement, if at all. The Sony is surprisingly powerful for just deck power. Seems like it even requires a 10 gauge dedicated power and ground with an affordable $20 kit.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_007CK12/Crutchfield-CK12.html

Jeff even said that its dyno proven to put that kind of wattage down.

But have you tried a stronger source to check if its just the noise floor causing your lack of volume issues (which is whats making you turn that thing all the way up in the first place)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.