Best HU for around 200-250?

Wow does anyone else have any input on this cdplayer by sony?It even says xplod on the unit...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Well which model eclipses should i look into?I need to order this tonight so it can be here by xmas.I just feel a bit uneasy getting the Sony.Also it can be had for 162 from that one website i posted above. Should I go with the cheapest site or should i go crutchfield.I just want the best I can get for the money.

Well which model eclipses should i look into?I need to order this tonight so it can be here by xmas.I just feel a bit uneasy getting the Sony.Also it can be had for 162 from that one website i posted above. Should I go with the cheapest site or should i go crutchfield.I just want the best I can get for the money.
The CD5425 retails for $229. The only store that actually ships them(they are an authorized dealer afaik so must have an agreement with Eclipse to ship the decks) is Cartoys. Here is the link to that deck:

http://www.cartoys.com/Default.cfm/p/CD5425_AMFM_CDMP3_Player/

You said you wanted warranty, so your best bet is buying whatever deck from an authorized dealer. In most cases, the "cheapest" site won't be authorized.

Crutchfield gives excellent service plus they throw in the wiring harness, etc for free.

That is a nice looking deck....Does it stand up against the kenwood and the sony?I need to order today...So right now its inbewteen the kenwood Excelon,sony, and this eclipse.I feel much more comfortable with the eclipse just becuase I know they are quailty..the other 2 brands used to **** in the past but in 05 they stepped their game up...**** this descion is hard.

That is a nice looking deck....Does it stand up against the kenwood and the sony?I need to order today...So right now its inbewteen the kenwood Excelon,sony, and this eclipse.I feel much more comfortable with the eclipse just becuase I know they are quailty..the other 2 brands used to **** in the past but in 05 they stepped their game up...**** this descion is hard.

At the same price point(authorized), the kenwood and sony might have more features, but more features doesn't mean it is a "better" deck imo. Out of the decks you are currently considering, I would choose in this order:

Eclipse

Kenwood

Sony

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.