Best household item to roll dynamat with

ckunke002
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I don't want to buy an expensive roller made specifically for this reason... I know theres some sort of common cheap household item laying around that would work perfectly but I can't think of it.

Do you guys have any experience rolling dynamat with anything other than the rollers made for it?

Last time I installed dampening material I went to home depot to see if they had anything similar and the employees told me no. Doing it with hands hurts.

picked up a shity wallpaper roller for 1.99 at a local Ace Hardware, having the right tool does make the job much easier/more enjoyable.

I use an old skateboard truck with a wheel for large areas and a wooden spoon to get in the tight areas. I also have a laminate roller that I use sometimes, but the skateboard wheel gets a majority of the work.

picked up a shity wallpaper roller for 1.99 at a local Ace Hardware, having the right tool does make the job much easier/more enjoyable.
Are you suggesting the 2 dollar roller wasn't the right tool?

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

I use an old skateboard truck with a wheel for large areas and a wooden spoon to get in the tight areas. I also have a laminate roller that I use sometimes, but the skateboard wheel gets a majority of the work.
Thats not such a bad idea.. not at all :O

Are you suggesting the 2 dollar roller wasn't the right tool? 

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

Thats not such a bad idea.. not at all :O
oh no, I meant it made a great deal of difference, versus installing several square feet with my thumbs and the back of a box cutter. The cheapness of the roller was noticable and needed a bit of TLC to keep it working but it works great now.

I really like the idea of using a skateboard truck and wheel

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.