Best glue and caulking to use on sub box???

just always remember to take in consideration for the thickness of the cutting blade, but hell,looks good to me!!! Id put it in my vehicle

Thanks guys! I had some help from my dad though so I can't take all the credit, he's done quite a bit of wood work in his time. I pretty much have the largest enclosure I can fit under the back seat in my truck, the seat barely latches down, but it still latches down. I will be gluing it tomorrow, we bought some liquid nails at home depot earlier tonight so I guess that's what I'll be using, oh and some caulking once I glue it together, there are some uneven spots between pieces within the box that I would like to smooth out if at all possible, I also am just going to apply caulking tom make sure its 100% air tight.

If you guys want to check out my build you can do so here, http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/515849-1999-silverado-alpine-build.html.

The paste from dust and glue is to fill the gaps and cracks...its not bad for a DIY box....Ive seen some rough looking stuff...although i dont see where using a table saw it didnt come out correctly. If you plan to build more you might wanna check the blades 90 degree angle to the fence and make sure everything is square...it might just beed some adjustments...below are some images of one of mine using TITEbond 3 glue with GE 100 percent pure silicone...and some paste made from glue and dust to fills the gaps, since i wanna decide to change the design on the very last piece to cut... lol

I also Router all my edges with a roundover Bit, Make my holes with a Jasper Circle jig..(well worth the 40 bucks) and use a DA sander. I also use an airstapler to put it together, which does absolutely nothing but holds it till the glue dries.

Thanks guys! I had some help from my dad though so I can't take all the credit, he's done quite a bit of wood work in his time. I pretty much have the largest enclosure I can fit under the back seat in my truck, the seat barely latches down, but it still latches down. I will be gluing it tomorrow, we bought some liquid nails at home depot earlier tonight so I guess that's what I'll be using, oh and some caulking once I glue it together, there are some uneven spots between pieces within the box that I would like to smooth out if at all possible, I also am just going to apply caulking tom make sure its 100% air tight.
If you guys want to check out my build you can do so here, http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/515849-1999-silverado-alpine-build.html.
NICE man, Nice.I raised my seat in my x-cab about 4in, and worked just fine for my needs at the time and had two front firing ported 10s, and sounded pretty decent at the time.Hope all ends well, and sound great as well.Like to see the box finished with the covering if you dont mind??Thanks for showing your build as well.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

LOL I would if i could, that was for a customer, he didnt want it finished, he wanted it in his car....that box is still float around town being traded and sold and bought back....most of my boxes are sold unfinished so that the consumer can see any and every little defect, I dont hide or cover up blemisheswith carpet like some do...that way later on they can put whatever finish they like....but i do finish work as well for those that request it...carpet vinyl fiberglass paint whatever....I just got on this site tonight, ill be putting up more stuff in the future...

I've used PL400 for all of mine. Heck, I've used it without screws/nails before and the boxes hold perfect. Comes in a caulk like tube, good stuff.

Well my box is all glued up. I used liquid nails, I went over kill with the caulking but I don't think it will hurt. The outside isn't super pretty, but then again it will be getting carpeted in 2 weeks or so. If you want to see some update photos just check my build thread.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.