Best Fullsize SUV

West1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm in the market for a big suv and I'm really leaning towards the 2020 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4x4.

This thread is in case theres a better 3 row SUV.

I'm looking for space, user friendly basic maintenance like Oil Changes and vehicle reliability.

Range Rovers are nice but the luxury prices of maintenance and upkeep turn me away.

Not 100% sure if I'm going to add any aftermarket sounds.

Tyvm

The new Expeditions are much nicer than the dated GM fleet. They are getting all new designs next model year. Either wait for a new 2021 GMC or get a 2020 Expedition.

I personally have a 20' Expedition Limited 4x4 with max tow. The 9200lb tow capacity cant be beat in its class (prolly till the 2021 GMCs and Chevys).

I would have waited for the new Tahoe but we had a third kid and just couldnt wait. However I absolutely love my expy. Storage and leg room destroys the current GMC models. The 3.5l tt v6 is unbelievably peppy and actually is undertuned. People are chipping these with silly results.

Dunno if that helps.

It's funny you mention a Ford, I mentioned the Expedition a few weeks back and my wife refuses to own a Ford logo lol.

My biggest gripe about any fullsize SUV is the GPH. We dont drive far anymore now that we moved states but we do plan to visit Los Angeles here and then (driving and flying).

It's been a long 13yrs since I've been in the market for myself and vehicles have come a long way. I'm a diy type of guy so I'd like to do most of my own tune ups and oil changes.

My wife likes the Audi Q8 (as do I) but it's a little small and id imagine a lot of dealer stuff rather than diy due to "luxury vehicle".

...2021 GMC, I have not looked into next years model. I do hope my 07 Fronty can last that long. I've been holding on to her due to all the audio mods I've done. I told myself once she gives out, my SA-15's are getting sold.

2020 sequoia
3 hours ago I would bash you for recommending such a dated car. But my 2020 expy just took a total **** on the freeway on me. Probably need a new engine and its covered.. but still 2100 miles. Not a good look.

I might take back my original statement and say 2020 sequoia as well because god damn at least it will last.

Toyota has dated interiors and poor fuel mileage but they are reliable for the most part. None of these new vehicles are reliable like they used to be. I’m a Ford guy but damn sure wouldn’t buy an 18+ F150 or new Expedition.

New Lexus or Toyota for reliability IMO.

3 hours ago I would bash you for recommending such a dated car. But my 2020 expy just took a total **** on the freeway on me. Probably need a new engine and its covered.. but still 2100 miles. Not a good look.

I might take back my original statement and say 2020 sequoia as well because god damn at least it will last.
My pal bought a new f-150, looks like a raptor but isn’t....still way too expensive...took it a few miles past the factory warranty and it crapped out on him. The dealership wants 9k, he owes 20 something and it wont bring in 12k because it needs the fix. Not quite Ford Tough

and for anyone saying outdated interior, wait till you have to have to replace an electronic dash component, computer, or both or repair a leather tear from cheap a$$ pleather. You’ll appreciate the features of a Vehicle that’s built to last.

Can't really go wrong with Lexus. Acura = Honda = Toyota from there in terms of reliability. Interestingly Toyota and Lexus have cheaper parts than Honda and Acura, which might make it worth going that way. I have no idea why a lesser amperage alternator from Honda costs twice as much as a greater amperage alternator for a Lexus for example.

The two larger Chevy SUVs make an excellent choice if interior space is at the top of your priority list. The Chevrolet Traverse is a spacious SUV with 33.5 inches of third-row legroom. The Chevrolet Suburban 1500 has become a household name for its huge presence and nine-seat versatility (LS trim); plus, it can swallow 39.3 cubic feet of cargo behind the third row of seats (2018–2019 models).

The Chevrolet SUV is in my book one most dependable and reliable vehicles out there,interms as well as easier to maintain and not that expensive on any maintenance work needed, and you dont need to put PREMIUM gas in it to operate properly.Fords Just never seem to have that power behind the pedal Getting on the highyway for me and those dammned coil pacs are a PITA. Sister-inlaw has a Lexus SUV. like the 470 or? Big ride. Air shocks are a PITA toget changed out and to last, but nice ride/elegant also pretty dependable, parts expensive though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.