• Alpine - SPR-60C

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • None of these, other - mentioned in comment

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

kracked_dude

India
Hi friends,

I am looking for a good overall sound quality speakers, with a special emphasis on 'deep' midbass. Music regularly played will be rap, electronic & rock.

Among the ones readily available in my country, I have shortlisted following based on my research:

JBL - MS 62C

Focal Performance PS 165 V30

Infinity - Kappa 60.11cs

Alpine - SPR-60C

Polk Audio MM6501 or DXI6500

Please suggest one out of these. And, in case if there is some other brand (Image Dynamics, Hertz etc) that according to you has really significant (not minor) improvement compared to these in midbass department, I am willing to import as well.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
your quote edited because couldn't post due to URLs
Thanks. XXX look good but, given their depth, I doubt it will fit in the car (2012 Elantra). I am confirming that on hyundai forums.

However, in case if I were to only choose from the above mentioned ones in post #1 (now including Polks as well), which would you recommend?

So, basically it is between JBL & Focals.

But, I am almost decided on JBLs because I have read at many places that although Focals sound excellent, they tend to have too bright tweeters, which need to be properly adjusted as per their position in car and/or the crossover settings - which I am not sure I will be to achieve properly.

Moreover, I really hate even slightly high treble. I can live with low midbass, but not with bright tweeters.

Thank you for opinions. Liked this forum. Had posted on multiple forums, but got most feedback here. Deleting the advertisements post is appreciable as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
haha i have the same preference as you lol I cant stand sibilance with the SSSSS and XXX sounds. It has to be at a good balance, too little looses clarity, too much is ear piercing and unbearable. Meanwhile warm midbass is always enjoyable. Anyways from what i've heard at local audio shops the focal components sound a lot brighter and tinny than the regular door speakers model. but if you have to have components, my vote is the JBls.

Moreover, I really hate even slightly high treble. I can live with low midbass, but not with bright tweeters.
Mount the tweeters no higher than the sail panels, and don't do A-pillar on-axis tweeters. I've tried several positions and ways of aiming tweeters and the sound cleaned up so much when I put my tweeters on the door panels instead of the A-pillars. This doesn't mean every vehicle must be done this way, but don't just slam the tweeters in somewhere and call it done.

Hey Kracked_dude

You should go to a shop & have a listen for yourself.

I have listen to the JBL's which sound nice for the price.

They need some EQing to get them to open up.

The tweeter is warm, but kind of flat sounding.

The upper midrange in the mid wasn't harsh, but kind of dull sounding.

The lower midbass was strong.

How much power do you have?

Don't forget to deaden your doors.

Placement, aiming, tuning, will have you happy in the end

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...