Component setup question

Hjbennett
10+ year member

2011 hyundai sonata turbo. Have ordered 1 -12" XFL Powered by VFL 4480 custom enclosure from Starr mountain. Stock stereo output 100 watts. 3.5 tweets in dash. 6.5 speakers in front and rear doors. If i ugrade my front speakers and or tweets without amping them, willit improve my sound? Not ready to upgrade alternator so dont want to add another amp.

Recommendations for 6.5 speakers or comps 3 - 3 5/16 depth that would work for me?

Budget $200 - $258.

I have a 4480 in a 2013 fusion. that amp doesn't seem power hungry at all. I started with a xfl 12...waiting on my xl 12 now. Do the big three and use quality wire. I would think you should be fine running a second amp. To answer your question upgrading the speaker will improve the sound but you will not get what you will be looking for imo unless you amp them. O and deaden the doors

There are 4 channel amps that make a good amount of power without you needing to upgrade the alternator. I would add power and replace the speakers, with the amplifier taking the higher priority.

If it were me I would put priority on the speakers. Even though you need more power to make upgraded speakers really shine, sometimes amped factory speakers( that may also depend on the speaker but generally speaking) can sound a little on the poopie side.

If this were a 10+ year old car I wouldn't suggest the amplifier first, but the speakers in a mid-level 2-year-old sedan probably aren't as bad as you might think.

If this were a 10+ year old car I wouldn't suggest the amplifier first, but the speakers in a mid-level 2-year-old sedan probably aren't as bad as you might think.
You may be right, my wife's '03 G35 Bose speakers and HU sound terrible. Hopefully he has a "premium" system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.