Best car audio wires?

Yeah its pretty much all the same, from Lightning Audio, MTX, Stinger, Rockford Fosgate, Phoenix Gold etc....just make sure to get the right gauge.

yeah i would say KnuKoncepts is pretty good, i have gotten stuff from them a few times, and there are the only place i was able to find twisted 8ga speaker wire. aw far as power wire, and speaker wire goes i dont think there is much difference but as far as rca's i do usually go the extra mile and pay a little more for some higher quality wires, just bc they are carring the audio signal. rf makes a lot of really good ones that arent too much.

Power - as long as it's the right guage and is flexible enough, it's all the same

Speaker wire - see above

Rca's - UTP's are the best thing to use for car audio. If I was having noise problems I'd probably go with the Stinger Hypers

Panther, the reason you can't find 8 ga speaker wire is because it's overkill for virtually any car audio application.

i was running almost 2000 watts at half an ohm i just wanted to make sure it all got there, and it looked real good too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

kimber cable baby!!!! audiophiles love it i think its overkill lol you can tell a difference but to say its better i dunno...i have top of the line lightnings and i likem...knukonceptz has great stuff for the $ select products also has great rca's streetwires does too.......wire i would go knukonceptz rca's anything that is btween monstercable to kimber...at least mid line

My dad is an audiophile. His speaker cables are like the power cables outside meh house. Then again, when yer speakers are $18,000 you might as well spend some money on cables ;D

Originally posted by Iwvustang My dad is an audiophile. His speaker cables are like the power cables outside meh house. Then again, when yer speakers are $18,000 you might as well spend some money on cables ;D
Spending more money does not = better sound... One thing I've learned so far, it would definitely be that.

when it gets to a point in my mind you just end up getting a different flavor if you will rather than "better" sound. i have heard silver cables all the way down to road master wire and i still say you get the best results per $ going high midline in most companies products....hell people been usin cat5 for cables and that stuff isnt expensive but its alota work. monstercable, lightning audio, streetwires...ect ect

Originally posted by jlaine  

Spending more money does not = better sound... One thing I've learned so far, it would definitely be that.
So yer saying, that if i get some $30 subs, or some $1000 sub, most likely it wont be any better? It is true that in many cases a particualr item can be as good as another that costs more, but in general, you get what you pay for.

Originally posted by Iwvustang  

So yer saying, that if i get some $30 subs, or some $1000 sub, most likely it wont be any better? It is true that in many cases a particualr item can be as good as another that costs more, but in general, you get what you pay for.
Obviously there'd be a difference, I think the point is that the difference between a $30 sub and a $300 sub would be drastic, but the difference between the $300 sub and a $600 sub would be minimal, and the difference between the $600 sub and a $1000 sub would be even less.

Better known as the law of diminishing return.

Originally posted by Iwvustang  

No, what I am saying is spend .20/ft on wire, or $80/ft.. I'll sit you down with a double blind test and see how impressive the $80/ft wire actually is...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.