best car audio battery brand

All people have to say one is better than the other is propaganda and install dependent results, in my opinion. If there were glaring differences or reasons as to why one is better than the other, it sure would be smart for a battery company to do some sort of test to prove it...I've never seen that happen though. Instead what's best is normally dependent on who uses them and what's hot all the sudden. "Best" batteries change all the time. Used to be Batcap, NSB's, then Kinetik got huge, then XS, and you always have the specialty stuff like the Cactus and DD stuff.

or the fact that i have seen all of the batts i listed tested ina drop in test and seen the results. the way i listed the batts is a FACT that that is the order for them.. then there was about 4 more batts and a kinetik 2400 at the very bottom.
Proof. and that is before you commented what i was tryin to prove nit wit

All people have to say one is better than the other is propaganda and install dependent results, in my opinion. If there were glaring differences or reasons as to why one is better than the other, it sure would be smart for a battery company to do some sort of test to prove it...I've never seen that happen though. Instead what's best is normally dependent on who uses them and what's hot all the sudden. "Best" batteries change all the time. Used to be Batcap, NSB's, then Kinetik got huge, then XS, and you always have the specialty stuff like the Cactus and DD stuff.
multiple drop in tests is as accurate as testing gets. the batts are the independent variable and everything else remains the same. And when you put it in a car on a system that has been tested thousands of ways ot he tenth it is extremely accurate. ive seen it done and ive seen the results first hand. I dont know why dragion has his ******* in a wad but we had 6 batts tested and those were the top 3 and kinetik was dead bottom. i guess hes a kinetik fan but the TL doesnt lie

multiple drop in tests is as accurate as testing gets. the batts are the independent variable and everything else remains the same. And when you put it in a car on a system that has been tested thousands of ways ot he tenth it is extremely accurate. ive seen it done and ive seen the results first hand. I dont know why dragion has his ******* in a wad but we had 6 batts tested and those were the top 3 and kinetik was dead bottom. i guess hes a kinetik fan but the TL doesnt lie
I'd bet with a different set-up you'd get a different order. Maybe not drastic like Kinetik being #1, but I bet the order would be switched up some. Also, what order were these tested in, and how much time was inbetween the tests? What were the scores?

I'd bet with a different set-up you'd get a different order. Maybe not drastic like Kinetik being #1, but I bet the order would be switched up some. Also, what order were these tested in, and how much time was inbetween the tests? What were the scores?
That would be true, I seen cars switch batteries at unfied finals back in 2005 for different runs and do better with kinetik than they did their other car audio batteries. If its a new vs used test alot depends on how the older battery was treated and then depends how or if the cells were trained. Way too many variables , same can be said with subs and amplifiers as well.

no.. tested in 2 setups.. most batts were same.. the ones that differed it was less then a tenth. We tested all of them then re tested them in reverse to make sure the latter results werent from coils getting hot and waited 10 mins between tests and drank some beers. thats as accurate as it gets. I will have to look up results. I think i got them posted on my old computer. but i do remember the voltage drop between the top 2 and the kinetiks was a ridiculous difference. The kinetiks were weaksauce. I know we tested an odyssey batt too

That would be true, I seen cars switch batteries at unfied finals back in 2005 for different runs and do better with kinetik than they did their other car audio batteries. If its a new vs used test alot depends on how the older battery was treated and then depends how or if the cells were trained. Way too many variables , same can be said with subs and amplifiers as well.
obviously you love kinetik but sad to say man the oldest batt only had a handfull of burps on them. I will never run kinetik as long as i live unless they make some sort orf drastik changes to compete with the higher end batts of the car audio worls. i cant say anything about their 16 volt because i have not ran them. but i gained with fukin dekas after pulling my kinetiks in my vehicle. lol

Kinetik didn't do much for me when I had them (3 different hc1400s and an hc1800). C&d tech batts had great results for me. Dekas did ok, I'm using one now. Nothing special. Sprinter did really good for me. Optima was suspect, barely better than a wetcell

Kinetik didn't do much for me when I had them (3 different hc1400s and an hc1800). C&d tech batts had great results for me. Dekas did ok, I'm using one now. Nothing special. Sprinter did really good for me. Optima was suspect, barely better than a wetcell
Sprinter and C&D worked well for me...and I can get them hella cheap here in DFW.

What makes the CS9000 the best is because it is an AGM based battery with the ability to withstand a very high amount of discharge making it perfect for limited battery competition classes. The gap between the CS9000 and other batteries become even further apart with the more power you try to **** out of it in short amounts of time like burps.

It's kind of like comparing a 5 year old kid with a 6 pack of Redbull in his system vs. a 50 year old that just woke up, or perhaps a top fuel dragster vs. Grandpa's 1974 Caddy that's only driven to church on Sundays.

********, he is a prof of electrical engineering at a UC. I made the same argument you did, but his answer was that the output impedance of the battery is less than the output impedance of the alternator, so a new battery would be more effective (dB magnitude/dollar) than a new alternator. obviously if im bumpin it nonstop the battery will go dead pretty fast, but i ususally dont leave it blasting while i drive. i like to be able to hear my voice when i talk to the person next to me...

so what is the consensus? the cactus or xs? fack kinetick?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.