best car audio battery brand

joep1231026
10+ year member

CA
currently running one soloX 12" on a sundown 3000Z mono amp in about 3 cubes ported. stock alternator, 2 stock batteries (650 CCA each), but I am getting bad voltage drops when it is turned up. gains are adjusted correctly using dmm at test frequencies, single run of 0 gauge power cable to amp from batteries, 8g speaker wire. a professor recently recommended that i upgrade the batteries before the alternator as it would have greatest benefit/cost. what is the best car audio battery to use? i think i will replace both the stock batteries, and add an additional battery (total of 3) to leave room for a high range sub and 4 6.5" comps.

im kind of debating between optima and kinetic, but i am open to suggestions if you know of something better. which is the best? looking for something that will provide high voltage at a large current load.

You will never stop the voltage drop without a alt.. Professor of what?

Your voltage drop is because the alt cannot keep up, when your alternator cannot keep up, then you start drawing from the battery, the battery only keeps a charge of about 12-13v (fully charged), the alternator puts out 13.8v+ (only examples voltages vary for car to car) because it has to over come the charge of the battery in order to charge it.. so your alternator is fluctuating between the battery's resting charge and the alternators charging voltage when you overload the alt. therefore as long as you have this fluctuation you will always have voltage drop. make sense? this overloading causes the alternators rectifier diodes and voltage regulator to heat-up which eventually causes death of them.

gains are adjusted correctly using dmm at test frequencies,
also your gains are set to low with this method, music is not as intense as a -0db sinewave, so setting your amp by this method results in significantly lower output. a -10 or -14db sine would be closer to actual music.

World championships.
cactus cs-9000 followed by nsb100 followed by xs d3100. although the cactus is about 800$. Im running xs. Why are pirelli better then nankang? same thing. better quality = better performance. theres a reason duralast cost 60 and a d3100 is 300$

World championships.
seriously, thats you answer.. I was looking for technical reasons.
better quality = better performance. theres a reason duralast cost 60 and a d3100 is 300$
whats the reason again.... for those that missed the technological breakthough that these lead-acid battery companys have made..
Nothing more then marketing hype as far as im concerned, unless someone can give me some technical information. call me a skeptic..

You will need a 250 amp or so alternator to keep the batteries bulk charged otherwise youll be replacing batteries every few months from sulfation. Bare minimum I would run is 2 batteries in the back and a 200 amp alt and then you would have to check the status of the cells.

I don't have a "technical" reason. but I'll just tell you like this! I had a stock alt, yellow n red top on a sax1500 and had voltage drop on hard bass! I had upgraded to a saz3000 and got a dc power alt an xs d3400 (same size as a yellow top) and a d1200 (very small battery) and I have my saz3k at .5 ohms. I don't get any alarming voltage drop!!!

so my suggestion is. start with the bigges alt you can fit in the car. and then go from there!

cactus cs-9000 followed by nsb100 followed by xs d3100. although the cactus is about 800$. Im running xs. Why are pirelli better then nankang? same thing. better quality = better performance. theres a reason duralast cost 60 and a d3100 is 300$
I guess an Escalade is better than a Denali because it costs more for the same exact thing.

I guess an Escalade is better than a Denali because it costs more for the same exact thing.
or the fact that i have seen all of the batts i listed tested ina drop in test and seen the results. the way i listed the batts is a FACT that that is the order for them.. then there was about 4 more batts and a kinetik 2400 at the very bottom.

or the fact that i have seen all of the batts i listed tested ina drop in test and seen the results. the way i listed the batts is a FACT that that is the order for them.. then there was about 4 more batts and a kinetik 2400 at the very bottom.
What exactly was the test trying to prove? What chemically makes a CS9000 better than a DS3100?

What exactly was the test trying to prove? What chemically makes a CS9000 better than a DS3100?
voltage drop and numbers on a TL.. what else would you test them for. who knows bro. im not going to break them apart and look at the plates thickness etc. the fact is soem are better then others and i have proven knowledge of this.. if yopu can prove otherwise please do so

voltage drop and numbers on a TL.. what else would you test them for. who knows bro. im not going to break them apart and look at the plates thickness etc. the fact is soem are better then others and i have proven knowledge of this.. if yopu can prove otherwise please do so
I dont have any proof one way or another. I was just wondering if you had proof to back your claims up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.