Best buy guy full of **** or am i *******

Below20hzonly
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
went to best buy the other day to get some random stuff(ring terminals, speaker wire) and i started talkin to some dude that worked there and i asked him whats the best subs they got jus to keep the conversation goin and he said that he installed a single 12" type r and an mrp m500 in someones ride at his work the other day and he said wen they turned it up to volume three yes three that it made the car stall everytime like it was drawing too much power, he said there beasts and you need a bunch of upgraded electical equitment to run them, on volume one and two he said it was shaking the whole car. I call BS on that for sure but i jus said no way really thats awesome and walked away. lika boss

ya i figured the type r was the best just didnt know what else to say to the guy, but 500 rms stalling any vehicle i wud think is pretty bad
that's the first thing I thought. If 500w's stalls your car, then something is wrong with the car. I like my type R subs and I'm not even getting the best out of them due to my lack of beefed up electrical, but the 7-800 w's I'm giving each of them seems to be going pretty well. I'm thinking about getting two more and trying to find an amp that does around 2,000w @ 2 ohms.....along with a great 4-12" ported box.

It's actually pretty fun to go to bestbuy just to ask the workers at the car audio section to see what they know. The funny part is that 98.5% of the time, they don't know anything at all about it. I also like the stories they tell us about kicker comps and type r's and also how they are the best subs made. One even tried selling me a 4 channel amp for subs. Lol

Its also funny as he ll to go there and u ask one guy about car audio then wait for another guy to come and ask him the same question and get a completley different answer but they were both really positive about what they told u

Some Canadains put a single Type R on an AP 3k and it survived lulz I'll try to find the vid
The air is more dense in Canada because everybody be cheifin stank nugs all day. Denser air = moar bass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.