Best budget SQ amps: chime in

You see a lot of the Zuki 5 channel amps available on diyma for about 450 shipped, they put out about what you are asking and sound amazing.

I am selling mine, but do not take it as me trying to sell to you, there are a few for sale on diyma and are in great shape. They are worth every penny.

I tend to focus on offering "budget SQ" amplifiers and I agree with the suggestions given so far. The new PPI iON amps shouldn't be overlooked. They're made in Korea, which everyone seems to consider the "good" country for amp build houses. They're not the powerhouses like the Phantoms but they're small.
For just a few dollars more you can get the black ice amp which have better xover section.... Unless you have to have a really small footprint amp.

You see a lot of the Zuki 5 channel amps available on diyma for about 450 shipped, they put out about what you are asking and sound amazing.
I am selling mine, but do not take it as me trying to sell to you, there are a few for sale on diyma and are in great shape. They are worth every penny.
Those do look to be very nice for the $$$, I haven't had my hands on one yet to play with though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Those do look to be very nice for the $$$, I haven't had my hands on one yet to play with though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif
450 shipped and it can be yours

I'm using 7 channels to go full active. LF tweet, LF mid, center, RF tweet, RF mid, LR full range, RR full range. If the center channel proves pointless, I will remove it. May go 3 way front stage at some point.

I'm sure Zuki is a great amp. 450 is about twice my per amp budget right now. I will keep them in mind, though. If my budget grows, I would like to try some PHD drivers first though.

Which model Soundstream? I was a SS junkie back in the day. About 6 years ago I bought 2 if their amps and felt very disappointed

Check for some of the used CV Vega amps that Niokla did, or used ZED built US Acoustics (USA Series). //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

never understood why people think that amps make for a sound quality system. sound quality is more dependent on the source first than the processor paired with that source. you can have the "best" amps and speakers made with the highest quality products, if you send it a crap signal or have a poor source it will not make a lick of difference.

never understood why people think that amps make for a sound quality system. sound quality is more dependent on the source first than the processor paired with that source. you can have the "best" amps and speakers made with the highest quality products, if you send it a crap signal or have a poor source it will not make a lick of difference.
garbage in garbage out is the phrase.

Regardless, we are assuming he has a decent head unit. He asked for budget sq amps, not head unit recommendations.

My head unit is factory and will remain that way. It's way too integrated to change. I understand that garbage in equals garbage out. I also understand that a bad amp that has bad distortion will ruin the system as well. I also know some amps tend to get hotter or use more power than others. Some amps can clip or go into protect mode while others may not. And Joeblow amps at be good sub amps at 4 ohm, but are only 4 ohm stable. I'm not looking to when comps or even participate in them. I just want to enjoy my music as much as possible. Not looking to reinvent the wheel, just some good suggestions. And so far, that's what I'm getting

As long as you use a very nice OEM integration system/unit you'll be fine. Just please no basic LOCs LOL.

Also hit up Trumpet for amplifiers and/or drivers. What he sells is everything from SQ oriented budget quality products, up to a higher-end of the spectrum as well.

Issue is your $250-$350 over his budget.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.