usa-100 ringing noise from amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

kingjd7
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Kent Ohio
I have a us amps usa-100 wired down to one ohm, when the amp is on regardless of the volume something inside of the amp is making a constant ringing noise. It doesn't seem to effect performance at all, it's just annoying when the music is all the way down. Does anyone know what might cause that. I don't hear it through the sub btw, it is coming from inside of the amp.

Thanks,

Should I just keep beating on it until it dies? And if I did get it repaired are the power supplies pretty universal, or would it be a waste of time fixing an old amp that they haven't made in a long long time? I've had the thing for close to 15 years. It's one of the real old ones with only the wires coming out of it.

Well maybe it was a bad idea to keep running the amp. Today I was listening to the stereo and all of the sudden I had a really bad alternator whine coming from my mids and highs, and a real loud pulsating thump coming from the sub. I tried to disconnect each rca to the amps and it happens regardless. The head unit is a Kenwood KDC-bt952hd, the mids amp is a old lanzar 4 channel, the highs amp is a ppi sedona apa-100, and the sub is on a usa-100. I think somehow the usa-100 did something to the head unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.