Best budget ~$150 amp for 2 Infinity 1262w subs in a sealed box

Participant count
  • Participant list

killeraxemannic
10+ year member

Colorado
I have a pair of 1262w's in a sealed 1.2 cu ft per sub box. I am looking for an amp to power the subs but don't want to spend much more than $150. There are a couple that I have been looking at but I want to make sure I am getting the most for my money. The subs are rated at 300W RMS.

The first is the Hifonics ZRX1200.1D. It's rated for 600W RMS@2 ohms which is exactly in line with the sub ratings. It is $127

The second amp is a bit more powerful MB Quart OA1550.1D putting out 1100W RMS@2 ohms. Its a stretch on by budget at $179

There is also the Hifonics ZRX1800.1D for $155 but it seems like the MB Quart is a bit higher quality and not much more money, but I could be wrong.

I know these amps are all maxxonics, and that just seems like the best bang for your buck when it comes to budget, but I could be wrong.

I am in no way partial to any of these amps, They just seem like the best I have been able to find. Please let me know what you recommend. I would like to stay with new and not used as I have had used amps fail and was out quite a bit of $$

What makes it better than the MB or the Hif? I also can't find the snr for it anywhere. Does it put out rated power?
The thing with hifonics is, if its not a brutus line, it might as well be boss or power accoustik. MB quart onyx is like a brutus. However, Precision power Puts out cleaner power then both of them, its also underrated and built better. Does around 2k rms on good electricals.

Why are people recommending 1100W RMS @ 2ohm amps for his pair of 300W RMS subs?
I think it's because I was looking at ~1000 RMS W amps to begin with. Figured it was better to have more power than I need especially since the amps I am going to be looking at may not do their rated power.

Did not see they were 300rms each. Thought they were 600rms each.
When I listed the 600W RMS in the OP I was adding the 2 together. They are indeed 300W RMS.

I know they are only 300 rms each and I still recommend a bigger amp. Why? Like all of the addicts on here, your more then likely going to upgrade in the future so might as well get a decent amp for not much more and future proof yourself. Save your self from the hassle of selling a tiny amp to buy a big amp later. Not like he has to use ALL of that 1800 watts. You can get a 600 watt rms amp at 2 ohm for around 120 but if you add 80 more dollars, you get an amp with 3 times the amount of power potential.

Ok,so is this one good enough for my subs or should I get the 1800? Precision Power PPI BK650.1D Black Ice 650W Monoblock Class-D Amplifier
what you get is purely based on your own choice, take advice from everyone with a grain of salt, I already said my spiel about how this shit is worse then crack. The I series amp is pretty good, I had an ION 520.4 and it puts out loads of clean power. Your purchase will be purely based on your budget preferences and if you ever plan on upgrading in the future or not.

So now that I am thinking about this if I am running the subs at 2 ohms and I put them in to the amplifier the amp will see 1 ohm then correct? So I will actually only be needing an amp that will put out 600W RMS at 1 ohm.

I love my kenwood x500-1. Its only going to put out 500w rms at 2 ohm but that's in line with your subs recommended power and its really clean
Looks like that one is a bit under powered as the subs need 600W and it only puts out 500W. It also doesn't appear to be able to do 1 ohm loads and my subs will be presenting a 1 ohm load to the amp. Looks like it would be pretty nice for running one sub though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.