Best brands for decent prices

jumpmanbsktbll
10+ year member

Whats up guys, im looking to get 6.5 components and a set of 6x9s. Im familiar with good brands such as Infinity, Alpine, Pioneer, Boston, Diamond, Cerwin Vegas. But im not looking to spend a whole lot of money. I want to keep it under 200$. Could you guys give me some suggestions as to what I should get for the 6x9s and the components.

O yea, and im going to be running a 4 channel amp off of them. So keep that in mind, as well as amp suggestions. Was thinking phoenix gold.

I would say just get a 2 channel amp, and just run a set of comps in the fronts... Dont run any rear fill.... As for comps the pg xenons 6.5s are great...

As for good prices, check eBay. If you are looking for a warranty, check an authorized dealer of the brand. I am unsure if there are any authorized dealers on eBay that will give you a warranty.

There are few to choose from in that price range. A lot of people don't like them but CDT's IMO are great for the money. I also like Infinity Reference Series, PG Xenon's, and Peerless Definitions. I would have to give the same advice as ^ and ditch the rear speakers altogether. But this is up to your personal preference. As far as amps on a tight budget the Profile California and Baja series amps I've installed for others seem to be very reliable and put out rated power.

I will re phrase myself... rear fill is not needed....
In an SQ set-up, no. But it depends on the car, your preference, back-seat passengers, etc... My Z6's can hold thier own for the entire car, but sometimes my passengers still bitch because the vocals are not loud enough for them with the bass filling the cab.

As was said...for now atleast I wouldn't worry upgrading the rear speakers. Your money is better spent on the components alone right now.

As for that budget, the OZ Audio Vectors are a decent set aswell (Tplaya07 on here can help you with OZ Audio and DLS products). I've heard good things about the Crystal SSCS components aswell. I believe Rainbow may have something in your budget...contact 6spdcoupe on here and find out. That'd be a great option aswell.

Unless your headunit or amplifier will support an active setup, I wouldn't really consider DIY. The cost of an active xover alone will eat up most of your budget. Not to mention the quality of the sound relies more on your tuning ability, which if you are relatively new could result in poorer sound or damaged equipment from improper crossover frequency/slope selection.

Darth Audio,

I noticed you had a 99 Galant. I've got a 2000 Galant ES. What are you running for front door speakers? How did you mount them? I've tried 3 different speakers up front and still am not satisfied. All speaker sets were run off a 75 watt rms amp. I'm looking for loud and clear sound. Any suggestions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.