Best box style for 2002 ford explorer

rumproast789
10+ year member

Detroit
What do you all think is the best style of box for ford explorers years 2002-2005?

Right now I have a decent box, sub up port back (in the bottom middle of the box). It sounds nice, but I think that it could be a ton louder with a better box style and building it better.

It was my first build box, im ready to try again. I'm thinkin birch, but might just use mdf.

Ive heard sub up port back to the drivers side/pass side, and sub up port up. Don't know which one I want to do.

It is for a 18" btl btw, not asking for designs, just styles that should work well.

Thanks

I see your in Detroit, I'm in Saginaw and I got a 99 explorer.

system.jpg

Planning on getting rid of this system tho with the three 18's and trying something else and that new box will have a square port in the middle facing the rear.

sounds like it should be good

i just got it worked up in my head that with the port at the bottom that it like restricts it cuz it has to travel so much more distance.

You goin to any comps? like the taylor one?

sounds like it should be good
i just got it worked up in my head that with the port at the bottom that it like restricts it cuz it has to travel so much more distance.

You goin to any comps? like the taylor one?
Yea I dont want to say his name on here because everyone will bash on it, but I want the new box like meades with the port like that. My buddy is going and wants me to go so I might come on down, if I get the new stuff and install it in time.

Our products are popular all over the world with high quality,fast delivery and efficient service.If you are interested in our product, please access the site and pick some products your like, we will quote the most competitive price to you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.