Best amps to push Focal Utopia System

Participant count
  • Participant list

Riddle6
10+ year member

I have a 360 Hybrid Tube for US amps right now and a 600 from US also. The 360 is pushing my 2 and 3 way Utopias and 600 is pushing my 2 Utopia 13's....I love this systems but want an amp change. I was told I need to put more watts into these speakers to bring out their full potential. I was looking into Zapco but any high end brand is what I'm looking for. Any help is appreciated...thanks

Okay, well do you know where I can find a good deal on a comp. amp? Any websites or dealers I can talk to?
the c2ks are going to run you over 1200 each most likely for the amps and for the processing about another 1000 . i would buy them from an authorized dealer (there arent any online).

how much does the usamps putout? how much do you want to put to the speakers? what is your budget?

In addition to the zapco amps also look into companies such as DLS, Arc Audio, Audison, Tru Technology, Brax, Genesis and Helix. All for high end companies.

$1000 for processing? What is that and is it necessary? lol....and I am pushing about 75 to them right now and I wanted to push atleast 100 to each speaker...or am I better off to just stick with the 75x4?

you could get a zapco studio 500, best amp for midwoofers i ever had. it performs just as good as my 9.0 did at the midwoofers. studio 500 will put out >250watts each channel.

only thing you have to find one used, they were discontinued long ago. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

when it comes to your tweets and mids i cannot tell you what you would like, depending on install, car, other parts of your stereo its up to you to decide what you like.

but any of brax X1000 or X2000, DLS A3, Genesis Dual Mono, audison VRX 2.250, or a used audioart 100HC will be more than fine.

DiDan

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.