Best amp for Sundown SA 10 d2?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 2014 Cruze ltz and I’m currently running a sundown sa 10d2 (600 rms one) at 4 ohms on hifonics brx1100 in a custom ported box.. I’m looking to run the sub at 1 ohm but don’t wanna push too much power so I’m looking at some amps for it: Sundown sae600.1, Rockford prime r2750x1, or Rockford punch 500x1bd.. I’m looking for an efficient amp since I’m running on stock electrical and the brx1100 is power hungry (I’m using 4 gauge ofc nvx wire)

Wire it to 1 ohm. 1000 watts rms BEFORE box rise is fine with a stock electrical system. That amp fuse rating is only 60 amps.
It has 2 60 amp fuses, I just don’t want too much light dimming, right now everything is running fine.. I can always try it out and if it happens to be too much I can look elsewhere, I just wanted to be prepared lol thanks!

This is your amp correct? Shows a single 60 amp fuse and fuse rating of 60 amps. That's not much at all for a stock electrical system plus on music it will draw much less than 60 amps.

Weird. But you will never see a 120 amp draw on music. If you played a 40hz sine wave at 1 a ohm resistive load at 14.4 volts you might. But on music you never will.

Even if wiring to 1 ohm were to be too much power its as simple as turning the gain down.

Weird. But you will never see a 120 amp draw on music. If you played a 40hz sine wave at 1 a ohm resistive load at 14.4 volts you might. But on music you never will.

Even if wiring to 1 ohm were to be too much power its as simple as turning the gain down.
So I wired it to one ohm and it has come to life now, and according to my car it never drops below 14.3 volts, I have the gain less than halfway and bass boost off and it sounds great

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.