Best 8"

MKIII7

CarAudio.com Recruit
I wanna run two 8" subwoofers and have narrowed it down to four of them. I have 1200rms to play with. Which of these would be the loudest and sound very good at the same time while hitting lows? its going in a 2012 Corvette Z06

Sundown SA8
SSA F8L
B2 Audio Rage v2
JL W7

From the list I’d go SSA for the price to performance factor. I think the SA would be my second choice. I’d stay away from JL strictly because of price.

I wanna run two 8" subwoofers and have narrowed it down to four of them. I have 1200rms to play with. Which of these would be the loudest and sound very good at the same time while hitting lows? its going in a 2012 Corvette Z06

Sundown SA8
SSA F8L
B2 Audio Rage v2
JL W7

Check these out as well!

Screenshot_20210617-224147_Chrome.jpg

Some of this depends on the enclosure. The JL 8w7 is better suited for sealed enclosures, IMO. It will sound really good in a ported enclosure, but the sa8 would be better in a ported box than the JL. The JL is what I would choose for a sealed box. It will likely outperform the sa8 sealed, bot not ported. My personal favorite sub for sealed applications is the Dayton ultimax. It doesn’t do super well ported, but it really shines over other sealed subs I’ve heard. It’s only 300 watts, but it works really well in small sealed boxes and has a ton of xmax. It would be expensive, but 4 Dayton ultimax 8s in a sealed enclosure on 1200 watts would be a very nice sounding system.

Some of this depends on the enclosure. The JL 8w7 is better suited for sealed enclosures, IMO. It will sound really good in a ported enclosure, but the sa8 would be better in a ported box than the JL. The JL is what I would choose for a sealed box. It will likely outperform the sa8 sealed, bot not ported. My personal favorite sub for sealed applications is the Dayton ultimax. It doesn’t do super well ported, but it really shines over other sealed subs I’ve heard. It’s only 300 watts, but it works really well in small sealed boxes and has a ton of xmax. It would be expensive, but 4 Dayton ultimax 8s in a sealed enclosure on 1200 watts would be a very nice sounding system.
Yes I'm going to go ported. So the SA8 will be louder than the w7 and F8L? Also if I still run 1200rms and keep my power the same and go two sundown X8 would it be louder than the SA8 or stay the same

Most of the higher end subs are a little conservative with the RMS numbers
The X8 says 800 watts but you can run 1000 into it.
So putting 1200 into 2 of them is probably not going to sound like you want it too
You should run at least RMS into to whatever you purchase

On that power I would not do the X’s as you won’t be able to push them where they need to be. I would still choose the F8L over the SA. I think the F8L will be able to dig a little deeper and it will likely have better sound quality.

I’m surprised bobbytwonames didn’t mention American bass, so I guess I have to……..they make a decent 8 that gets loud ported also. For a ported box, if I had to choose between these, I go F8L. If I wanted to go sealed, I would do the JL 8w7.

2 JL 8w7 in a sealed box would be a similar sized box as an f8l ported, so if I had unlimited funds and cared nothing for efficiency, I’d do 2 or 3 JL 8W7s sealed and a bigger amp. Now you’re into $$$$$

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...