Best 6.5 components for around $100.

ledvedder
10+ year member

NJ
I was pretty much set on getting a set of Polk Audio DB501's, but as usual, I keep reading and researching. I found some reviews which said Pioneer D1720c is one of the best $100 components available. What do you guys think?

I was pretty much set on getting a set of Polk Audio DB501's, but as usual, I keep reading and researching. I found some reviews which said Pioneer D1720c is one of the best $100 components available. What do you guys think?
I've got a pair of jbls entry components for 80 buck and they sound nice for 80 bucks

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

I've got a pair of jbls entry components for 80 buck and they sound nice for 80 bucks

I have never been happy with Pioneer speakers. I tried them twice "back in the day" - 1 set of 6.5 coax, and one set of components. Always sounded 'dull and lifeless' to me.

I am a big fan of Polk and Boston for low to mid $$$ speakers. I am currently running 2 sets of Polk DXi-6500's behind a JL XD600/6 in my wife's CR-V and they sound amazing.

I have never been happy with Pioneer speakers. I tried them twice "back in the day" - 1 set of 6.5 coax, and one set of components. Always sounded 'dull and lifeless' to me.
I am a big fan of Polk and Boston for low to mid $$$ speakers. I am currently running 2 sets of Polk DXi-6500's behind a JL XD600/6 in my wife's CR-V and they sound amazing.
Did you try the d series or just entry level low end stuff.

I have the jbl gto608c and those sounded great the highs were to much for me so I moved them to the rears and sound great. They are 2 ohm

I have the jbl gto608c and those sounded great the highs were to much for me so I moved them to the rears and sound great. They are 2 ohm
I had them in an old car. Although they were good, I didn't think they were that much better than the stock speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.