Best 2ohms 10" subs for this box?

Hey people, i recently installed a new amp and my subs are hitting a little harder. Now I'm looking into a woofer upgrade. This is the only box the fits at the back of my trunk. It's actually 2 separate boxes. The guy at car toys said they're about 1 cubic foot or maybe a little less. Otherwise I have to order something that tapers in the back made specifically for my 2011 accord.

Cartoys recommended JL W1 subs. 2 other shops said nay on using that box for anything and suggested I look into other options.

Thoughts?

Has it been suggested by these shops to keep the subs and build a custom ported enclosure?
That would be one 12 in a ported box is what the other two shops said my option would be. Regarding custom, they said $350 for sealed and ported or any other box would have to lay across the center of my trunk, which wouldn't allow me to fit big luggage

That would be one 12 in a ported box is what the other two shops said my option would be.
Ok, good. This can work out great. For efficiency and power of impact(hard hitting bass) that's a strong option despite going down to half as many subwoofers. However, the enclosure needs to be built well so every joint is strong, with the assumption that the shop gets the port designed well by default.

Ok, good. This can work out great. For efficiency and power of impact(hard hitting bass) that's a strong option despite going down to half as many subwoofers. However, the enclosure needs to be built well so every joint is strong, with the assumption that the shop gets the port designed well by default.
Thing about it is that's gonna cost a lot. That's $350 for the box, another $150 for the 12. That's like $500 So I was looking into the more convenient options of simply swapping out those sub for some type of swallow mount or something that doesn't require a whole lot of air space. For example the punch p2 10"s only require 1 cubic foot each, (If I read that correctly) wouldn't that work well with what I have?

Thing about it is that's gonna cost a lot. That's $350 for the box, another $150 for the 12. That's like $500 So I was looking into the more convenient options of simply swapping out those sub for some type of swallow mount or something that doesn't require a whole lot of air space. For example the punch p2 10"s only require 1 cubic foot each, (If I read that correctly) wouldn't that work well with what I have?
Yes, it will cost a lot. I imagine you knew that before you went to these shops. Let me explain. The subwoofer, the box and the trunk are part of a recipe. Each part should be chosen and combined in certain ways so the end result is something better and greater. You chose the trunk when you bought the car, so that's fixed. The subwoofers don't necessarily need to go, and the boxes are the X factor.

What's the real objection here? Is it the money? Is it giving up space in the trunk? Do you not trust the shop because they want you to rip out everything you have that works fine? You realize you could do nothing and still have bass. You want something better.

Yes, it will cost a lot. I imagine you knew that before you went to these shops. Let me explain. The subwoofer, the box and the trunk are part of a recipe. Each part should be chosen and combined in certain ways so the end result is something better and greater. You chose the trunk when you bought the car, so that's fixed. The subwoofers don't necessarily need to go, and the boxes are the X factor.
What's the real objection here? Is it the money? Is it giving up space in the trunk? Do you not trust the shop because they want you to rip out everything you have that works fine? You realize you could do nothing and still have bass. You want something better.
The objection is trunk space. I do trust the shops. They weren't trying to sell me anything, otherwise they would've sold me some woofers and popped them in there. However another shop suggested woofers that don't require a lot of air space, which why I made this thread. I'm not trying to argue with anyone. If that's not a great option or if it won't get much done while keeping that box then I understand. I'll start looking into box options, which I can make another thread about.

The objection is trunk space. I do trust the shops. They weren't trying to sell me anything, otherwise they would've sold me some woofers and popped them in there. However another shop suggested woofers that don't require a lot of air space, which why I made this thread. I'm not trying to argue with anyone. If that's not a great option or if it won't get much done while keeping that box then I understand. I'll start looking into box options, which I can make another thread about.
I'm with you. 1 cubic foot per subwoofer isn't a lot of air space for 10" or 12" sealed subwoofers. The custom contoured box to fit against the back of the rear seats would potentially give you back more storage space than what seems likely, but that does depend on the subwoofer used and the required air space.

Shallow mount subwoofers that also require little air space to still be able to make deep bass tend to be more expensive.

I'm with you. 1 cubic foot per subwoofer isn't a lot of air space for 10" or 12" sealed subwoofers. The custom contoured box to fit against the back of the rear seats would potentially give you back more storage space than what seems likely, but that does depend on the subwoofer used and the required air space.
Shallow mount subwoofers that also require little air space to still be able to make deep bass tend to be more expensive.
Okay so here's a company who makes a box that will fit against the rear seats. https://www.supercrewsound.com/08-12-accord.html

If that's a legit box for the price? I can easily buy more powerfull woofers. So for example 2 punch p2 10" for $92 each = 184. Plus the price that box $160 = $344. Vs the option of the shallow mount subs you speak of.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.