Best 21 inch neo subs out?

Fi's big build house. Every single box on the pallets said made in China. One section of a strip mall. Just letting you guys know. Take the info as you wish. Recent pics.

20210520_122347.jpg
20210520_122405.jpg

You running that infinite baffle?
At the moment yes, 14 cubes of trunk volume. It's still breaking in but it is already getting pretty brutal on low power. Once I finish getting info on my cars Frequency peaks and get some T/S of the driver broken in I may be going with a 4th or 6th order sealed off into the cabin through the trunk pass through. It depends on how everything plots out. This is ment to be a loud AF musical setup, not a one note wonder.

That picture was the original setup. I have since had to add 4 more bolts and up sized all the hardware from M6 to M8 as well as make a new baffle that extended further down and bolts to a piece of steel L bracket. This thing destroyed the original stainless hardware after about 2 weeks on 1k. It's now got grade 11.9 hardware.

Matt

There's just something about the visceral impact of a single huge speaker that duals triples and quadruples don't have. Awesome

This is my favorite sub I have ever owned or heard. The accuracy this thing has is insane, and the combination of that accuracy and it's displacement is one hell of an experience. I'm actually considering getting a 21" top assembly built for the other motor I have.

I'm a huge fan of running 2 15" subs. My Last 5 setups have been different 15's. Even tho this single 18 has slightly less displacement than the pair it is definitely louder.

This is my favorite sub I have ever owned or heard. The accuracy this thing has is insane, and the combination of that accuracy and it's displacement is one hell of an experience. I'm actually considering getting a 21" top assembly built for the other motor I have.

I'm a huge fan of running 2 15" subs. My Last 5 setups have been different 15's. Even tho this single 18 has slightly less displacement than the pair it is definitely louder.
I have three stereo integrity SQL 12s everybody keeps telling me to run infinite baffle in my Honda I'm really wanting to try it!
I just can't see how I could go wrong with a neo 21 it has the exact same surface area as 215s but it's going to have more excursion and a bigger motor structure instead of two smaller ones on the same power. Also if I get a 3-in 8 layer voice coil sub it handles the same as two 3-in four layers subs so I'll be good with power compression too.
The big subs hit harder, it's true.

I have three stereo integrity SQL 12s everybody keeps telling me to run infinite baffle in my Honda I'm really wanting to try it!
I just can't see how I could go wrong with a neo 21 it has the exact same surface area as 215s but it's going to have more excursion and a bigger motor structure instead of two smaller ones on the same power. Also if I get a 3-in 8 layer voice coil sub it handles the same as two 3-in four layers subs so I'll be good with power compression too.
The big subs hit harder, it's true.
It's important to compare apples to apples. Getting a big sub with good T/S for infinite baffle is hard. Technically the 18 I have isn't well suited for IB. I've got alot of EQ to do to make it sound good. It wants to play up pretty high and peaks pretty nasty around 50hz. It is definitely a performer, but it is not ideal.

So what's in those boxes? Obviously the same thing and not complete subs.
Any recommendations with the new f.i.neos for a daily driver, I'm thinking a 4 inch coil the model 4.9 or 4.11. I'm wanting to run a daily driver about 3 to 4 k and have some musicality to go along with a ported alignment. I've always heard the SP 4S and Team Series had good musicality any idea about how much those weigh in the 21?

I've always heard the SP 4S and Team Series had good musicality any idea about how much those weigh in the 21?
A lot and neither is terribly efficient. Be prepared to throw a lot of power at things. IDK if Fi makes 21"

I did notice the other day while looking for parts that Pierce Audio has neo motors and they have some extra-large cones. Might be worth reaching out to them. I've seen their subs in action around here and they're pretty solid and I've had good luck with their softparts in the past.

A lot and neither is terribly efficient. Be prepared to throw a lot of power at things. IDK if Fi makes 21"

I did notice the other day while looking for parts that Pierce Audio has neo motors and they have some extra-large cones. Might be worth reaching out to them. I've seen their subs in action around here and they're pretty solid and I've had good luck with their softparts in the past.
Yeah the more I look around the more I'm inclined to go with an incriminator audio Warden whenever they come out or maybe a judge 21 I'm sure either would be enough

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...