Best 12" subwoofer possible?

I don't know how much these costs but they all look **** beefy

Crossfire XS SPL v2

0819091614jpeg.jpg

0819091614ajpeg.jpg

T3 Audio TSNS

TSNS.jpg

DSC02533.jpg

tc sounds is not high quality lmfao, one of the best subs you can buy.

Audiopulse

put 5000 watts 2 this baby and it will **** on your xxx, secondly subs dont sound any different from another, its all in the application and enclosure.

So you own the cheapest subs you could find I assume.
i was talking about how 18's vs 15's etc, he said he likes the way 12's sound, you can have an 18 just as punchy as any 10 etc, all in the application.

i was talking about how 18's vs 15's etc, he said he likes the way 12's sound, you can have an 18 just as punchy as any 10 etc, all in the application.
Not necessarily. Obviously cone size has a huge impact on how the sound waves travel. If you don't know that you're just a retard bro

Not necessarily. Obviously cone size has a huge impact on how the sound waves travel. If you don't know that you're just a retard bro
All sound waves travel the same //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif so I guess I'm a tard lol.

I recommend the original cerwin vega stroker. They were know for getting really loud, but put them in a large sealed enclosure and they sound amazing.

The size of the ripple generated by a 12 inch radius cone pushes through the predestined particles that have been split in the cabin thus making cleaner sound in smaller waves to travel directly to the ear drum

The size of the ripple generated by a 12 inch radius cone pushes through the predestined particles that have been split in the cabin thus making cleaner sound in smaller waves to travel directly to the ear drum
Sorry but wrong. The sound waves are the same "size", the only thing that changes the length of the waves is the frequency being played. What exactly are these particles predestined for? And they're not being split, they are being compressed and decompressed very rapidly

guess im a retard but this is coming from the guy who said tc sounds is not quality, the only thing that changes is the amount of air pushed, hence the bigger the speaker the louder it gets, now if you dont have the area to fit a 18 then thats a different story

guess im a retard but this is coming from the guy who said tc sounds is not quality, the only thing that changes is the amount of air pushed, hence the bigger the speaker the louder it gets, now if you dont have the area to fit a 18 then thats a different story
This seems to be another reference to all subs sounding the same, as in only air displacement changes. Again, this is not true.

SourDeez - the cone does not affect the sound other than how much you get unless it bends/resonates or distorts (that's strictly a higher frequency issue, not a subwoofer issue). We can go into details but i'll keep it short: Larger speakers be it (tweeters, midrange or woofers) are better across the board. Sometimes you need narrow drivers for ultra high frequencies to prevent directionality issues, but low frequencies are so low, its not even a question. More cone area means more displacement and less current and movement to get it (a win win), but they also tend to need larger motors to prevent high Q issues and non-linear frequency response - that's not a sound quality issue, but rather a system design issue/consideration. The best subwoofers are always 18's or 21's - not entirely ideal for car audio because of size issues, but don't send a 12 to do a 15's job and expect it to do it better.... it won't. If you measure a good 18's vs a good 12 there is not one single objective number you can say that the 12 does better in expect for being smaller.

simple proof: by math we can model two (lets use 12's ) as one by doubling all the parameters. We wind up with identical Qts, Fs and 3dB higher sensitivity, and double the BL^2/Re (which gives us that +3dB). This means that from a mathematical standpoint two identical drivers are exactly equal a single larger one expect that for every watt of power, you get twice as much sound. - clearly two drivers are better than one and i think from general intuition you would agree....

Keep this in mind: An 18 is just bout the size of two 12's...... continuing......

however this mathematical model of the sum of these two drivers is simply one with a cone twice as large, moving mass twice as heavy, suspension twice as stiff and twice the motor force factor thus we could also create a larger driver that met these same parameters and was therefore twice as good as the single smaller one, do this for N+1 blah blah and my induction we can prove not only that two are better than one , but a larger driver is better than a smaller and so fourth...

I use a very expensive 12" for my home theater (over $1000 for the driver) not because it sounds better, but because i don't have too much space, but it happens to be a very good 12 on quite of bit of power thus makes plenty of sound. I would use an 18 if i had a larger room or more space and it would be better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.