Best 12" subwoofer possible?

MB quart makes a good sub that is very musical as well as hammers pretty well, im saying this from experience i have a 15 that hits 3 times harder than my old memphis power reference 12s. its in a sealed box and it absolutely destroys every low with crystal clarity. i know what you're going to say its only $100 it can't be that good.... BS i pump about 600 rms to it and the box actually bounces off the floor at the right frequencies. This sub also has one of the tightest suspensions i have ever seen, they feature a deep bowl cone that gives it a large surface area. The 12s want about .66 cf sealed.

Not really that expensive...
just because you can afford it and there are other more expensive subs out there doesn't mean $1000 isnt a lot to drop on one subwoofer. There's no reason to pay more than $1000 unless ur guaranteed a win in competition

There's no reason to pay more than $1000 unless ur guaranteed a win in competition
You can win SQ competitions with $1000 subwoofers or $100. What settles those isn't the equipment, but the installer's skill.

And yes, it's entirely relative.

Like a lot of the other people in this thread have posted, you can spend all the money you want on the sub, but its not even half of what makes the final product. Make sure you budget money for a good amp, make sure you have an adequate power supply, make sure you have money to deaden so your car doesn't rattle like crazy, and make sure the enclosure and install are all up to par. If you have all of those things, you should have a nice setup.

But since the topic is asking what's the best 12, I'd have to say both the RE XXX and the DC Level 5 subs are definitely up there.

I am running the soloX 12" and it kicks some major ass. Of course it has its flaws, but it has the looks and the performance, and the cool thing is if you mess up and burn your voice coil, you can order a replacement for only about 150$. I saw someone selling one yesterday for 375$. They do need alot of power to back them up though...nothing less than a true 1500 watt amp will suffice. Kicker ZX2500.1 reccommended.

I also know that the JL W-7 is known to wreak havoc...it comes in a 13" cone. Check both of these out.

why 12" vehicle? system? power? space? a sub in general is only part of the battle
Because I like how 12's sound.

without knowing what your objective is there is no way to point you a right direction.
I said I want sound quality over SPL..

1000 for a subwoofer? whooooweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you rich. give me your money.
Sell more drugs?

That depends on your car, the box, how much power you have and the condition of your electrical system.

Sure you can spend $1000 on a sub but it ain't gonna do you any good if it's not set up properly.
I knew i was going to get a bunch of these comments.

250 amp alternator 1/0 big 3 optima yellow top.

RE XXX 12" in a huge sealed enclosure with adequate power (2k-2.5k) and an electrical to back it up' date=' deadening everywhere, etc. Would sound nice.
But like said, there are a million different ways to accomplish the same goal in this hobby.[/quote']

I have pretty much unlimited room in my trunk.

I am still leaning towards the XXX unless anyone can persuade me not to

Do not worry about my electrical or how I am going to install it I am only focused on what sub I am going to run.

Because I like how 12's sound.
what does a 12 sound like? Plus if you only concentrate what sub you are gunna run, it's prolly not gunna sound like you want it to because you're being ignorant and not giving us information we need to know so we can help you out the best we can

what does a 12 sound like? Plus if you only concentrate what sub you are gunna run, it's prolly not gunna sound like you want it to because you're being ignorant and not giving us information we need to know so we can help you out the best we can
Like a 12. I have heard everything from 8's to 18's and I prefer the sound that a 12 inch subwoofer gives over a 15 or a 10. Thats why I choose to go with a 12.

I'm only ignorant because everyone here jumps to be like oh man your stupid your electrical man you needz more electricityz for them. I got it all on lock. I am looking for opinions on what subwoofer to buy. Not what amp or how many feet of 1/0 I have. Simple. I will accommodate the needs to whatever sub I decide to get.

I should have indicated that I have unlimited room. Up to 10 cubes that is but for one sub that should be more than enough.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.