Best 10" Subwoofer under $100?

that 5500 is a nasty woofer used one for a while inbetween systems tried to blow it on purpose one day took a fosgate p1000 at 2 ohm (900rms) for like 15 min straight playing test tones before she blew.
MTX coils are no slouch, I have had very good experiences with their subs. Boston G1 and Infinity Ref series have the best sq under $100.

Not to thread jack, but the long wait for my W6v2 has prompted me to consider a cheap "back up" sub also.

I'm looking at ~$50 PowerBass S-104D.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif

i would deffently have to agree with buying better used then new cheap....i started with cheaper stuff and if i would have just saved all the money and just bought what i wanted from the beginning i would have what i really want and be happy with it... i wasted so much money.... but just keep in mind the better the sub the more power it will require and thats what i forgot and ended up having to spend and extra almost 1500.00 just on electrical to keep up..... i actually have 2 10" re audio sxx subs for sale looking to get 300.00 for the pair (they are the older style) I ran a crunch pzi 3000.1 amp to them that will also be for sale.. i guess lots to think about now!!

hows the sq on them? could they be used for an sql install?
I have had a lot of MTX stuff, the older red spoke basket Roadthunder RT12-44s, Thunder 5512-04s, Thunder 6124s, Thunder 7512-04s, and Thunder 8104s and the only ones that I thought had undesirable sq were the Roadthunders. I'm not sure how the new road thunders sound.

Infinity Reference. Infinity subs have always been about good SQ, but given their online prices, you could probably pick up two of these actually and achieve some good SPL as well.

Appreciate the help.

Are any of these pretty good or solid options?

Rocksford Fosgate P2D210

or

JL Audio 10WX-4

or

JBL GT5-10D

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

The forum won't let me post links since I'm new....I think. Says denied post....use of URL's....forbidden words

they are all ok but lower end lines,most of the woofers that myself and others have mentioned are better lines that will hold up better for you.and that can be reconed if you blow them.the ones you mentioned ,if you blow them then they are junk

I'm listening to a 10WX-4 right now in my work vehicle. It does well with the 120 or so watts I drive it with.

I wouldn't expect it to hold up under a full 200 watts RMS like it claims that it can.

they are all ok but lower end lines,most of the woofers that myself and others have mentioned are better lines that will hold up better for you.and that can be reconed if you blow them.the ones you mentioned ,if you blow them then they are junk
Alright thanks a lot! I appreciate the help. I'll definitely look into those ones then, you guys know better than I do, I'm just trying to learn! Hope no-one minds me picking their brains! haha I know I'm probably asking all noob questions

I'm listening to a 10WX-4 right now in my work vehicle. It does well with the 120 or so watts I drive it with.
I wouldn't expect it to hold up under a full 200 watts RMS like it claims that it can.
Thanks for the info, I'll take it off the list!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.