Best 10 inch sub for small enclosure

Bermsawed

SoDak
So i had the sound shop build me a system for under the seat of my extended cab silverado. He ended up doing a Atrend box (down fireing) with 10 inch kicker 10C's (2 subs). This setup just dident have volume i wanted and couldent get low to save its life. I called him back 2 months later saying i want more bass so now we are going with a kicker CVRs. Thing is i wanted to go with some JL W1's or Alpine Type R's but he says kicker is the only way to go with a small enclosure. i find that so hard to beleive? whats your thought. and he said something about that JL arent made in the USA anymore so they arent as good as they used to be.

Kicker might have been the way to go 10-15 years ago in small sealed enclosures ( the original round Solo's,Comps,Xpl's Credence built) but the Comp/CVR is below average in small sealed apps,if you want to go Kicker sealed, spring for the Solo classics,CVX,L5/L7 , if not JL, Image Dynamics, Hertz, Sundown SA, Incriminator 187,Dayton Reference HO, Credence,etc.

and ask him where Kicker is made, if he says U.S you know he B.S

I assume these are in a sealed box? If so, grab the 8ohm Dayton Reference HF subs at partsexpress.com. $130 a pop and they'll give you better low end extension than most any other 10" sub. Find a 2channel amp that'll give you 600 watts or so bridged at 4ohms and you're set. The Mach 5 IXL-10 SL is a good option to, but a little more expensive(still less than most though).

You can get the Dayton in the 4ohm model as well, but it doesn't dig quite as low as the 8ohm version.

yeah i cant understand. he swears that kicker is the only thing to use in small sealed and its driving me nuts cause i dont want Fin kickers. these CVRs better sound good or im gonna be pissed. and i have plenty of mounting depth, like 7 inches or better i think. would 2 type Rs really sound bad with .90 of space?? i really dont think so

I would definitely checkout the Pioneer Premier TS-W2502D4 or D2 model. 800 W RMS and .35 cu. ft. minimum sealed. 6 5/8" Top Mount Depth.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.