Subwoofer builders

PSI is also down for the next couple weeks if your lookin to have them built right now. Ssacket can also take while cus this is more of side project for him. I'm seen some stuff Resko1 did that looked pretty good also

if i have the rite parts instock it gets built and shipped in 3 days. i ALWAYS wait til it fully cures 24hrs before i box up to ship.

this is a side project for me but i alway take care of my customers, wont ever hear of a unhappy one...

if i have the rite parts instock it gets built and shipped in 3 days. i ALWAYS wait til it fully cures 24hrs before i box up to ship.
this is a side project for me but i alway take care of my customers, wont ever hear of a unhappy one...
Well mighty nice of you! Lol.

It is totally about customer service. i try to do the same. Mine is also a side project. I make about 30 an hour on my day job so cash is not an issue at all. I've always loved building and experimenting with subs. Been doing this for about 6-7 years now and have been into car audio for about 12-13years.

BTW, I just posted this because of the amount of questions on how to recone.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/497622-how-install-drop-recone-assembly.html#post7387914

phoenix; be more than happy to to build a sub for you. if you want b stock never played sa8s let me know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

resko1; i had a part time audio biz on the books that did great for yrs but the economy went down hill, built mostly high end and comp cars. shipped alot of enclosures all over the usa and canada too. ive been building subs for alot of yrs but got really into in bout 4 yrs ago. i love my day job too, nothing like waking up in the morning wanting to go to work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

phoenix; be more than happy to to build a sub for you. if you want b stock never played sa8s let me know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
resko1; i had a part time audio biz on the books that did great for yrs but the economy went down hill, built mostly high end and comp cars. shipped alot of enclosures all over the usa and canada too. ive been building subs for alot of yrs but got really into in bout 4 yrs ago. i love my day job too, nothing like waking up in the morning wanting to go to work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
SPL: Lol. I work a night job. lab technician for a plastics engineering company. I actually got my start doing pro audio. Reconing ALOT of eminence and jbl. Ive played bass for about 14 years so there came a time where i was tried of waiting for reconed drivers to return so i started doing it myself. Ive been in car audio since about 98. Again. Tired of waiting on new subs or company recones for comps so i started building myself. Then i got a break and got to work with someone from a major company due to my plastics position. Thats where i learned the major tricks!

And to everyone else: Some of these guys on the forums do just as good, if not better work then Dave. My guy Ken (forevrbumpn) does amazing work! Completely clean and custom. Scott's (ssackett) work is everybit as good as Dave.

Dont under estimate some of us cause were not able to "market" ourselves as good as PSI or care to market that well. I consider it a hobby. When it becomes a job, thats when the fun stops. I would rather have my stuff built by a hobbyist then a company. Then you know its handcrafted and quality.

I also try to work with everyone who comes for builds. Im not just gonna say " ok heres the 6 stacked stiff spiders with quad sewn leads you ordered". Yeah...overkill. Your fs is gonna be 60hz, and the coils gonna burn up before you ever get the 8k to it, for the sub to move for cooling. Theres ways to make a sub handle more power with out over damping. And a motor of any kind can only produce so much flux to control the coil. Cant take a motor designed for 1k and make it handle 4k.

The first questions i ask are "what do you have for power? What are you trying to achieve, sq, spl, sql? what kind of space to work with"

I try to help everyone get the most out of their time and system. And i will straight up tell you what i do and dont recommend. After 12 years in car audio, I know quite a few tricks!

First thing i should post up when i get my rta is how to do in car transfer testing and convert it to box creation. But then the secret would be out and everyone would be loud! Lol.

btw, these were some of my more famous ones before caco booted me for not paying vendor fees. Theres a thread over there called 10" of fury.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.