Beginning my Mojo Build- First attempt ever

3kracing
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
USA
Ok well last night mobeious came up with the box design

212isys.jpg

It's gonna hold my 2- 15" Memphis Mojo M3 subs. As far as the amp is going I'm gonna be running an Autotek Mean Machine 4000. Also, electric I'm gonna do the Big 3 (upgrading the wire from the alternator to the battery, the batteries ground wire, and the wire from the engine to the alternator all to 0/1 awg gauge). Also, I'm gonna be running 2 Odyssey PC2250 batteries with probably 2 Stinger SR200 amp relays. Of course, everything will be wired in 0/1 awg wiring and the size of the box is roughly ~ 8.7 cubic feet with a port size of (hopefully if everything goes right) 4.5 width by 16 height. I may carpet it I'm not sure, if I don't I'm thinking maybe fiberglass the outside and paint it to give it a shiny look. I plan on building the box Friday (just purchased wood and a jigsaw) So if all goes according to my plan I should have it completed by June.

Items still needed-

About $500 worth of sound deadening material (second skin, I'm gonna go all out)

0/1 gauge wiring

Carpet/Fiberglass material

4 Channel amp

6.5" component speakers with crossovers

A bigger trunk LOL

well I'm gonna brace the middle between the subs. Where else should I brace?

Thanks, I'm hoping to be up in the 150's. Oh by the way it's going into a 2007 Hyundai Sonata

GOOOO MOJO, i know for fact youll at least hit 150, im at 143 all i have is a m1, and i drive a 240sx LOL, yea you will be loud! cant wit til i get my mojo soon. ps if you have the money go with 2 mojo amps (one to each sub) seen that hit 151db in person.

Oh ok, yeah my seats go down so i figured with forward firing and all the seats laying down it'd be loud

GOOOO MOJO, i know for fact youll at least hit 150, im at 143 all i have is a m1, and i drive a 240sx LOL, yea you will be loud! cant wit til i get my mojo soon. ps if you have the money go with 2 mojo amps (one to each sub) seen that hit 151db in person.
one your car is a hatchback, and 2 143-150 is like night and day......

What's it tuned to? It'll be hard getting to 150 without an spl oriented box. If this box it tuned below 35hz for a dialy setup, don't count on a 150, although it is possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.