Been out of it for a few years, need advice with a setup

mysilver02alty
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
The only thing I have left from my old systems is a dual 12 inch custom box which i want to keep. I'm happy with the stock deck and speakers for now. It's a 2007 Passat. The box was originally made for a couple of 12 IDmax or IDQ subs but I never bought them. I just want something that hits the mid base really well but can hit a little bit hard too.

Whats good right now for subs and amps. I'm thinking about getting a Sundown 1500 for whatever I get. Any tips are welcomed.

Thanks,

Specs for the box below:

33 X 22 X 14

Dual 12 inch ported

Black carpet

double baffled

12ported.jpg

12ported2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I agree. A good set of components in well deadened/ sealed doors will give you the mid bass. As for subs, why not go with what you originally wanted, IDmax or IDQ. The v3s are very very nice

Sorry, maybe i'm not saying it right. I guess i'm looking for a couple of subs with good range, something that plays more than just deep bass(20-30hz) but sounds like crap when you have songs that are in the higher frequency range(above 40hz). I think the box was tuned at around 38hz. I was thinking about IDMAX but was wondering if anything cheaper and as good or better might be around at this time just so i can have a couple of options. Im pretty set on the SAZ 1500.

Thanks for the replies

SAZ amps are pretty nice. Never heard of a complaint with the ID subs. Frequency response of the system will be more dependent on the box build and the vehicle accoustics than the make and model of the subs all things being equal.

Personally if I had a box allready built I'd pick a few different subs I like the looks of (or can get for a good price), model them out in that size box and see which looks like they'll perform the best for you.

Stick with the sundown amp

Their are just too many good subwoofers out these days to start running down a list for you. Help us out with a price range so we can atleast narrow it down

Thanks,

I'll try to get a set of used subs for about 275 - 400 total. What would be your top 3 choice set of 12's to run dual 4 ohm bridged to 1 ohm with the Sundown in that ported box tuned to 38hz(estimated)?

Thanks,
I'll try to get a set of used subs for about 275 - 400 total. What would be your top 3 choice set of 12's to run dual 4 ohm bridged to 1 ohm with the Sundown in that ported box tuned to 38hz(estimated)?
If I were you I would cruise the classifieds over at CACO or here and find yourself a nice set of used subs

If you want new then the AQ's might be a good choice for you, or the SA series from Sundown. Everyone seems to be on the DC tip lately so you might look into some level 3's. Speaking of lvl 3 the Re SE's (older model) are some great subs aswell. Fi has the BL's, Incrimnator has the Flatlyne's and Digital Designs have the 1512's that would do nicely too.

I've also noticed a trend of people building their own subs latley. Look around and I'm sure you'll find some hidden gems

Awesome, thank you all for the variety. I'll research all those subs and try to find a good deal on here or elsewhere for something that will work.

Thanks again for the suggestions!! Looking forward to driving around wearing ear plugs once again lol.........

have davoe moore of psi build you a custom sub for exactly what you want
x2. His stuff is top notch.

At $400 for a pair, there are plenty of options to choose from. Would you be willing to go single 15"? There is a 15" TC-3000 for sale right now for $300 plus shipping in the classifieds that would be awesome in a 3.0cf box tuned lowww, maybe 29hz, off of that SAZ-1500. Or you could pick up this PSI built badboy for $320 + shipping.

If you wanted to stick with a pair of 12's, take a look at a pair of DC Level 3's or Incriminator Audio Lethal Injections.

Used will be the way to go if you wanted to get the most for your money though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.