BC3500 in protect....

No idea man my buddy had the 3kwp's and one kept doing same **** would work couple days then pop protect and had to be sent in they fixed it like 3 times finally sent him 2 new 3500's which he sold and left audio no.idea why was going on but it did just like yours is now.

No idea man my buddy had the 3kwp's and one kept doing same **** would work couple days then pop protect and had to be sent in they fixed it like 3 times finally sent him 2 new 3500's which he sold and left audio no.idea why was going on but it did just like yours is now.
hmmm.... the first night we got it in which was last sat. we got all my wires in and everything, then went and listened to it. sounded awesome. my guess was ATLEAST a 148 maybe a 149 @ the headrest(thats probly not that great but i would be happy with that lol).... but anyways played flawlessly. went home home and parked it drove it on sunday to the gas station and back probly at 1/4 gain maybe alittle more. then today was going to get the wife something to eat it made it to the end of my street and it protected...... d@mn it pisses me off. i did blow another cheaper planet audio amp similar to this but i had a bad ground then. i dont thinks its the ground this time, i have 2 1/0 grounds from front batt to the back batts as well as a ground in back from the body to the batts.....

Body grounds are no good need to ground to frame then up front ground bat the Alt bolt and Alt bolt to frame as many as you can fit you can never have to little ground wires.

Amps never "just blow" there is always an issue. Many times the issue is from something that happened days..weeks before it finally blew. Could have been a voltage issue from the previous owner that caused minor damage and it finally just gave out on you.

Far to many things to list...but they never "just blow" though.

Body grounds are no good need to ground to frame then up front ground bat the Alt bolt and Alt bolt to frame as many as you can fit you can never have to little ground wires.
I mean i have that one done but also my front batt is grounded like 3 times under hood and what not. The 2 runs from that batt ground to the back batt ground. Then theres a ground in the back from body up to those batts as well. Theres probly like 7 or 8 total.

Amps never "just blow" there is always an issue. Many times the issue is from something that happened days..weeks before it finally blew. Could have been a voltage issue from the previous owner that caused minor damage and it finally just gave out on you.
Far to many things to list...but they never "just blow" though.
I guess thats possible.... He could have had it wired down to .25 also. He had 2 dual 1 subs so yea he could have wired low or low voltage. But it gets me because the amp in no way smells blown and didnt make any noise when it protected

**** bro that *****. I have had my 3kwp for about a month and a half now, got it in a trade an had the power supply repaired well in this 2 mo th time of owning it I have listened to it maybe 8 times. Well last Sunday it was working and I parked my jeep cause I was having surgery on Monday.

Well I go out yesterday now mind you it was working all this time an I just been listening to deathcore no rap or any heavy bass stuff just metal an I go to start the jeep an low and behold this mug is in protect I checked my grounds an everything just like you did and everything checked good

Well tonight my cousin was driving me to the guitar store cause I needed strings an this thing was playing just fine. So it's like it decides to work an not work when it wants an it's pissing me off. So I feel you on this man it ***** an I bet mine is heading down just like yours an is gonna need repaired again.

**** bro that *****. I have had my 3kwp for about a month and a half now, got it in a trade an had the power supply repaired well in this 2 mo th time of owning it I have listened to it maybe 8 times. Well last Sunday it was working and I parked my jeep cause I was having surgery on Monday.
Well I go out yesterday now mind you it was working all this time an I just been listening to deathcore no rap or any heavy bass stuff just metal an I go to start the jeep an low and behold this mug is in protect I checked my grounds an everything just like you did and everything checked good

Well tonight my cousin was driving me to the guitar store cause I needed strings an this thing was playing just fine. So it's like it decides to work an not work when it wants an it's pissing me off. So I feel you on this man it ***** an I bet mine is heading down just like yours an is gonna need repaired again.
****.... That *****.....

Ya I never had a amp act like this before except the last 2 amps I had were a dc 2k and a Skar 1500 an they only were going I to protect cause I had bad ground. This one idk it just works when it wants to an I'm about to throw it lol

Ya I never had a amp act like this before except the last 2 amps I had were a dc 2k and a Skar 1500 an they only were going I to protect cause I had bad ground. This one idk it just works when it wants to an I'm about to throw it lol
I dont blame you for wanting to lol.... I took it out opened her up and there are no burn spots what so ever ANYWHERE on the amp nor is there any burn smell on the amp.... So im lost....

I'll pull mine tomorrow an post pics or maybe get a video I I can get it to do it again. I mean like it really ***** cause I needed more power so traded for it an paid $120 to get it repaired an now it's doing this an after seeing and hearing so many ppl have these amps an getting great power then yours acts up mine is messing up.

I wonder if it just bad luck or something? Especially yours I wonder if something inside yours was on it's way out or had a short in the board an tripping the protect circuit that's the only thing I can think of.

I'll pull mine tomorrow an post pics or maybe get a video I I can get it to do it again. I mean like it really ***** cause I needed more power so traded for it an paid $120 to get it repaired an now it's doing this an after seeing and hearing so many ppl have these amps an getting great power then yours acts up mine is messing up.
I wonder if it just bad luck or something? Especially yours I wonder if something inside yours was on it's way out or had a short in the board an tripping the protect circuit that's the only thing I can think of.
it was playing just fine on saturday when we got it in. And yes this amp is a beast. It does good power. A short is the only thing that i can think it would be. Or like pro rabbit said, perhaps the other guy damaged it alittle and it gave out on me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.